Ordering Compre Rods

MCTFisher9120

I was looking on shimano's site and saw a hole bunch more rods than our BPS and other retailers offer. Going to a smaller retailer like Gagnon's or Tightlines would they be able to order me in different Spec rod's(Compre's in particular)

Just looking to see what people's success has been in ordering rods from stores that are less common

Shimano Spinning Rods Link (Look at all the different models :o)

http://fish.shimano.com/publish/content/gl...e_Spinning.html

Thanks,

Mike

They will probably have better luck than BPS. Big box stores keep their prices low by dealing directly with the company, bypassing local reps and distributors. Because of that, they are good at getting a bunch of stuff cheap, but not so good at getting specific items. Any good shop will be able to make one phone call and find out what they can order, and how much it will be.

I agree with the postings above, any dealer that deals with Shimano should be able to order what you want.

It is nice to see that you are looking at spinning rods and haven't been entirely seduced by the dark side.

Jim

I'm looking for a nice rod to put with a Shimano Sedona FD 1000 series reel. I want a good rod that I can throw tube jigs on and stuff like wacky worms.

The 7' MF action rod might be ideal, I like to fish tubes on 3/16oz or heavier...right in the weight slot recommended by Shimano (1/4-3/4). It's interesting to see Crucial Flippin sticks up on their site as well...see what happens

If I was you I would be more worried about what the warranty claim process is like. Some stores will give you a rod directly off their rack if you come in with a broken one (assuming they have it in stock and it was not broken by abuse). Otherwise, you need to pay like 40$ just to ship it out to Shimano. Something worth keeping in mind.

You cannot go wrong with a Compre. I really enjoy using the ones I have. I did have a warrenty issue once where I had to send the rod back to Shimano, it cost me $20.00 to ship, and was really quick turn around. The beauty of small shops is that they can get you what you want. I use a MH 7'2" for tubes and senkos paired with a Stradic 2500 backed with 20lbs Power Pro line. I have the drop shot rod, but do not drop shot with it, I just really like the feel of the rod with not a lot of handle on it. I also use this rod in the spring when I throw Husky jerks for pike.

Mike I have that rod,there are a few other's I'd suggest you look at for what you want it for that would be very nice as well.Stop in anytime I would enjoy talking bass with you (that's what I do) because you are so jacked about the whole thing,more than anyone else on this site I think.Thank's for recommending me guys.