Thank God for the TTC

tightline

typical union defense...............never the employees fault

"guy shoudn't have taken the picture and seen if he was alright" probably would have woken up like an angry bear

how much more proof would the union like??

what the hell is this world coming to.

Now that's a union! :worthy: Talk about an instant come back to an allegation...and not only that there was photographic evidence too! Gotta love it. :lol:

I fell asleep on the job one time while working at Stelco. I was relieving a guy for an hour who's job it was to push 2 buttons about every 20 minutes (night shift) the object was to shut off the flow of sinter into an open train car so that you could move the train along to the next car and open the chute again to fill the next one. The result: a buried train car! The next night the foreman sat with me for the entire relief period and he wouldn't shut up! I never fell asleep again but about 2 weeks later when I was coming in on day shift it happened to another guy. We had to spend the 1st half of the shift digging the train out of a mountain.

Frankly I think only the most bored, mindless people give a crap about this stuff.

I am not in a union, but they do have a point -- and why could the twirp who took the pic just just tap on the glass and give the guy a break. Who the hell knows what this guy's life was like before his shift.

I have never fallen asleep on the job, but God knows after several 14-16 hour days in a row there have been times when I felt like it.

I hope the twrip who took this photo never goofs off on the job or falls asleep ... he's set himself up for a world of hurt if it happens.