Jan 14, Ice fishing quick report.

wuchikubo

Hi all,

just a quick report on yesterday's outing. I will not bring a camera, I'm convinced it's jinxed)

Location #1:

Innisil BP was very busy by the time we got there about 8:30'ish. No signs for a parking fee seen. Fished 80-85 FOW, some big schools came through around noonish and the preference at my hole was a larger blue and white Bad Boyz (not tipped with anything). Iced one and lost 3. Lots of people out despite a Thursday, I would guess over 100 easily. Many left as soon as they got their limit of 2 whitefish.

Noted that one of my friends' fish and mine had no missing (clipped) fins or missing parts, could they be natural?

BTW ice was about 7-8 inches.

Location #2:

Left around 2pm to head over to the BOG, got there and setup off GM, 6-7 FOW, a couple of dink perch was all I pulled up on the sabiki while there was still a little light. Darkness rolled in fast and so did my bite in my two holes. One friend that got skunked on whitefish came in with 5 crappie, my other friend pulled in one.

Ice was a good 11 inches.

Wind was a bit cold at times throughout the day, still saw one pressure crack at IBP open up and water was everywhere (near where the truck went through).

Take care out there while we have this mild temperature spell,

Stan

Edited by HearingFish

I'm with Jacques...cant get much better than that. Loving the whitefish reports coming in now....one of my favourite fish to catch through the ice along with Lakers.

Thanks for the report....just loading the snowmachine and gear now and heading off in about an hour for whities and trout myself....hope i can do as well as you guys.

Edited by limeyangler

Nicely done Stan, good report! If you happen to get a couple of white fish that you can spare I'll smoke them for you and split what ever you give me. I even made some fish jerky last week and it truned out very nice. Never tried the jerky with white fish but I will if I get the chance.