Portable Ice Huts HT vs. Clam

archie_james_c

You are lucky then, everything I have ever bought from HT has fallen apart, the zips and the material on the ice fishing bags go.the cork on their rods falls off, the handles on their ice scoops breakor just fall aparttheir reels on the combos are junk and seize up as soon as its below zerololI'm not a fan!

I agree. HT is just generic crap

Spend the extra money and buy somethimg reliable.

Ive never seen an HT product that wasnt just a price point piece of crap

You are lucky then, everything I have ever bought from HT has fallen apart, the zips and the material on the ice fishing bags go….the cork on their rods falls off, the handles on their ice scoops break…or just fall apart…their reels on the combos are junk and seize up as soon as its below zero…lol…I'm not a fan!

My first was a Polar escape flip. It was awesome. Great material. Bought my second one off Wayne which he got off my brother. If it wasnt for the moles eating up the tarp, I would still probly have it. The tri pod seats are crap. Lasted me one season. The boggan was solid as well. Have since gone with the eski 2 man hub. It,s not 2 man thats for sure. Broke a pole due to my own fault. Other then that, it does the job. Sets up in the wind no prob. Just need to know how to. Have another hub that was given to me, it,s a 4 man. Great fabric and sets up in the wind like the same as eski. Just need to know how like said before.

So set up in the wind. Screw in anchor. Tie off the wall that is the back side of the door. Once done, pop pop pop pop. Secure the rest and bank the flaps. Good to go. I have been out on some days the wind would flip over a flip over. Yes it happened. Im not saying one is better then the other, you get what you pay for and you get what mother nature deals you.

HT is junk. You're not saving money if its useless after one or two seasons. I just bought a few year old Clam Twin Hub II for 100 bucks, and I bet it would outlast any brand new HT hut off the shelf. Clearly a high quality product, even more so than the Eskimos, which are also a good hut.