Reel choice

taper

I just bought a new jerk bait rod and am now looking for a reel to pair it with. I think I have narrowed it down to 2. the Shimano Solstice 100 or the Quantum Energy E10PTI. I really like the Quantum but the Shimano has the rear fighting drag. Any opinions on either.

I have several Quantum spinning reels, and really like them, never had a problem with them. Quantum/Zebco has been building reels for many, many years, and until a couple of years ago were made in the US. Now because of stiff competition from off shore, they now come from off shore, but they are maintaining their quality control.

Personal choice like many in life, but I have had great success with Shimano products. Excellent service from what I have heard too! Haven't had to use that part of Shimano but with about 150 days/yr on the water my equipment has not let me down.

Edited by Bob Devine

Good choice on going with a spinning outfit for jerkbaiting! When fishing with jerkbaits a smooth drag is essential and the suggestion of a Daiwa Tierra by danbo is a great choice. Daiwa has the best drag bar none! A front drag is also smoother than a rear drag, rear drag is great for convenience!

Good luck!

Dave