2010 Bumble Bee Pattern Crank Bait

Leecher

All week temps were around -6C to -8C with moderate wind..... perfect for ice fishing, but comes weekend and temps dip -18C with 25Km North / West wind, windchill -25C :wallbash: no way I'm going out fishing so I decided to tackle another wooden project in the comfort of my home in 20C temp :D

Had some left overs from 2009 :P that I did not want go to waste, so rattling crank baits was on the menu and as always wanted to create a unique color pattern that no one ever seen before..... so off I go on the band saw and get busy...

After cutting the outline did not have enough width to make to pieces round so I glued some additional cutout pieces and here's the result

IMGP2141.jpg

Another shot

IMGP2140.jpg

Here's a closer look after sanding

IMGP2138.jpg

IMGP2137.jpg

That right there got me an immediate reaction of what I wanted to do with the pattern..... applied a coat of white

IMGP2142.jpg

Then like I said above, got busy on the pattern.... first applied yellow on the big round eyes from the added pieces

IMGP2143.jpg

Used a permanent marker to draw around the eyes so that I can apply the black coat

IMGP2144.jpg

Applied the black

IMGP2145.jpg

Removed the tape off the ends

IMGP2146.jpg

And finally here's the end results.... Bumble bee crank bait :D

IMGP2147.jpg

Hope you enjoy

Leechman

I even love the French language newspaper underneath. I am a multi-cultural nut.

My Canada includes Leechman!!

These lures are fantastic as always Jacques! I love to see a guy with a constructive hobby.

Thanks for the post ans keep them coming.

Jim

Hey Leechman looks good

Do you varnish those after painting?--Just wondering how they hold up with the acrylic paint under water?

How bout this for a one time idea----maybe you can carve an indentation into a side and glue some of that reflective tape that comes in so many kinds?

Probably only need to indent the thickness of tape--to make it all streamline.

Looks good

Bushart

BEEEEEEE-autiful!

Thanks Dozer!!!

My dad is a beekeeper. Is there any chance you'd sell me one of those so I can give him one. He'd get a real kick out of that.

Thanks Fishnwire!!! No problems, send me via pm your coordinates.

Nice work!

Thanks Mike!!!

I even love the French language newspaper underneath. I am a multi-cultural nut.

My Canada includes Leechman!!

These lures are fantastic as always Jacques! I love to see a guy with a constructive hobby.

Thanks for the post ans keep them coming.

Jim

Thanks Jim!!!

OMG! OMG!... the Killer Bee's are swarming!!! ;)

Very cool paint job on those lures Jacques!!! B):thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing::canadian:

I'm thinking those are going to catch some very nice Bass and Pike this year!!! :Gonefishing:

Thanks Glen!!! I like to color pattern on those and I'm thinking the same B)

Hey Leechman looks good

Do you varnish those after painting?--Just wondering how they hold up with the acrylic paint under water?

How bout this for a one time idea----maybe you can carve an indentation into a side and glue some of that reflective tape that comes in so many kinds?

Probably only need to indent the thickness of tape--to make it all streamline.

Looks good

Bushart

Thanks bushart!!! I forgot to mention in the report that I will be applying 2 coats of varnish to them :oops: Good idea about the reflective tape I have a couple of strips in my tackle box. That tape really stick good to any surface and it's so thin that 2 coats of varnish is all that's needed.

Great Bumblebeee....... Leechman

I wonder if you can make a "TOP WATER" butterfly....

Then come up with a "rippin rap" song like Mohammed Ali that you can sing with your lures on the days the fishing is slow. ;)

Thanks splashhopper!!!