Looking for a Specific Lure

Rich Clemens

I'll see if anyone can come up with the name or manufacturer of a lure I'm looking for. My wife had a couple of these and really liked fishing with them. Unfortunately Pike liked them too and destroyed them both. I've checked a number of tackle stores (including where we bought them) and also on the Internet - no luck.

They resemble the Shallow Invader by Musky Innovations (in general appearance), but what we had were a little smaller than this - maybe about 6 inches in length. Plastic lip, hard body and soft tail. I also seem to remember they had a wire running down the the outside of the lure as well.

This is the Shallow Invader as a reference/comparison to what I'm looking for.

shallowbig1.jpg

I'd like to purchase a couple more if I can find them.

Edited by Rich Clemens

Rich,

Is this close ?? They make one called the squirly tail

http://www.eaglesportscenter.com/products/mania/jake.htm

Sorry Chris. I know it was not a Squirrly Tail. The one on this page is about 13". The ones we had were about half that size. Appreciate the thought and possibility though.

Musky Innovation, Shallow Invader :)

Spoon: It is smaller than the Shallow Invader - but is very similar in appearance (but a little smaller). I have a couple of the Shallow Invaders and have had some nice hits on them. But - just not quite what we're after, but I do appreciate the response.

Edited by Rich Clemens

Shucks .... still not the one I'm looking for, but much appreciated. I agree that is was strange that there was a strong wire on the outside (underneath), but there was. Maybe someday, some where, I'll run across them again. Spent a hour yesterday searching on-line and nothing. Could very well be out of production as this was about 3 years ago. Much appreciate all help and listing possibilities though.

Shucks .... still not the one I'm looking for, but much appreciated. I agree that is was strange that there was a strong wire on the outside (underneath), but there was. Maybe someday, some where, I'll run across them again. Spent a hour yesterday searching on-line and nothing. Could very well be out of production as this was about 3 years ago. Much appreciate all help and listing possibilities though.

Why don't you ask Leechman to make you one?

Jim