Hows Lake Couchiching during the summer?

fishdawg

Ok so my wifes parents, sis & bro-in-law & us all want to rent a cottage this season for a week. Im looking at the second week of Sept.

So far the places that i want to go to are "to far to drive" apparently (Nippissing, Quinte, Haliburton, ect) Not interested in the Kawarthas at all, have had a place there for many years & want to see new waters.

Im wondering about Couch. I know its a busy lake in the summer, I figure it should be relatively calm & quiet in Mid-Sept?

Its not a 100% fishing trip (as ive been told lol) but i obviously would be sneaking out for some daily "freetime"....

I have allready found some reasonable looking rentals so far....

my boat is only a 16 footer, is the lake prone to "blowing up" regularly?

not looking for anyones honey holes either...

any ideas/suggestions would be greatly appreciated....

thanks!

hey FishDawg You will love Couch and what it has to offer. The locals and residents on the shoreline are very friendly and Orillia has lots to offer downtown. i honstly believe Orillia Water Front is far nicer then Barrie but that's my personal opinion. As far as the lake blowing up it will in a matter of 1/2 hr or so there will be white caps. If you have a deeper V-hull then you should be fine. Are you thinking of renting the north end of Couch?

Myself,I really enjoy fishing Couch.Offers lots of different structure and fish for a small lake.

If yer there for the week,take a trip up the canel and fish Sparrow aswell.

Like mentioned,get yerself a good map.Dont be zippen around,unless you know the lake.