VALENS GOES C&R

waterwolf

wow!!

the higher-ups in charge of the welfare of valens conservation area have wonderfully decided that this little gem should receive some much over-due protection.

even a very healthy eco- system has it's defining limits when realizing it's sustaining potentials. smaller reservoirs are very vulnerable to specific fishing pressures and practises so they must be intimately understood.

Valens has now been classified as a catch and relelease [C&R] conservation area.

all species in the lake are under the same protection.

WTG!!

It'sabout time! I hadn't been there since a teenager in the early 70's when it was a stocked bass paradise. Tried it twice a few years ago and nothing. But I did see a park owned rented boat overloaded with an entire family keeping every fish they could find, didn't matter how small the fish were, even little fingerlings found a home in an overloaded mesh bag! It was a sad sight.

That is good news. Maybe they can pass this message onto some of the other smaller CA's around. I'm really hoping Mountsberg will wake up one day and implement something like this before the meathunters completely empty it.

im really happy to hear this, when i was a teenager I used to go to valens and catch a ton of fish, fast forward 15 years it is a fraction of the qualitly it once was. (my opionion anyway)

I hope they can restore this fishery so it can become a nice little gem like it was 15 or 20 years ago

Cheers!