Ice Condition on Rice Lake

CX-9

Leave the sled at home. There is next to no snow out there, just patches here and there.

ReTodd, nobody has ever ice fished out of Bewdley, so your guess is as good as mine. I catch them in the spring along the north shore though.....call BJ's Bait and Tackle, they might be able to help you out. They will also have bait and licenses for opening day.

S.

Don't know about Rice lake but there is NO snow on Sturgeon Lake, you'd probably be better off on skates because it is like one big rink as far as the eye can see. I haven't been out to drill any test holes yet, I may try to get out today and drill a few.

Cant wait to fish right outside the cottage! My uncle was up yesterday and he drilled a couple holes and we had a good 5.5 to 6 inches of ice. And your right, he said the same thing, no snow on the ice and slippery as can be. Take your time out there, spud bar would be a great idea, he walked out 150 yards or so and the ice was consistant. Not to say that all parts of Rice being uniform. Dont assume thatbecause theres people fishing out further than you that its safe. I hope everyone fishing the Kawarthas has a great first time experience and a safe one too. Happy New Years to everyone. We'll see ya out there. Cant wait to try out the Vex, santa brought it.