SCRATCHIN MY HEAD

canadian_copper

INTERESTING DAY.

HIT 4 CREEKS.

AFTER ALL THAT RAIN AND THE CREEKS BLOWN WIDE OPEN I THINK EVERYONE WAS EXPECTING A STELLAR DAY.

SOME CREEKS WERE MUD AND SOME JUST RIGHT AND SOME GIN CLEAR.

HEARD OF 4 FISH CAUGHT ALL DAY.

WIFE GOT ME A NEW DIGI FOR CHRISTMAS THAT CAN GO UNDERWATER AND I WAS DYIN TO USE IT.

OH WELL MAYBE ANOTHER DAY.

-26 TONIGHT AND -15 WITH WINDCHILL TOMOR. DO I STAY OR DO I GO????LOL

Definitely tough fishing today – Currently slathering on layer after layer of hand moisturizer from all the wind burn – I need better gloves. Got my car stuck in the muddy/icy parking lot for an hour and a half too which didn’t make things fun – 2 anglers came by and helped push me out to freedom. Hit up 1 Lake O trib between 7am to 2pm and landed 2 bows (1 big hen in the morning which took me down river a bit away from my backpack & camera :( - Perhaps my biggest bow of 2009 :wallbash: ... also got 1 small male in the afternoon)…Saw/heard of 7-8 other fish caught there all day amongst 20-25 other anglers I ran into.

Both fish were caught on a bait I’ve nicknamed ‘the creature’ :whistling:. Nothing touched the roe bags I tied up last night. Actually it’s been a month since I last caught a fish with roe – Highly irregular compared to past falls/winters. Here’s a pic of the buck…Perhaps my last fish of 2009

P1010970a2.jpg

When in doubt…GO FOR IT! Best way not to hear “should’ve been here yesterday” is to fish everyday :thumbsup_anim: