My Dad Has been in The Hospital (NF)UPDATE

Mike the Pike

I must say thanks to you all for your kind words and you really boosted my moral.

The last few weeks have been a difficult time for our family.

My mom is back to health and is much stronger.

My father has been in the Hospital for 23 days he so looking forward to coming home.

His diverticulitis has heeled quite well but the aortic aneurysm has been causing him a great deal of pain.

Unlike a regular aneurysm my father has a rare case where it has formed into a bubble.

I have been happy with our medical care he has received but dissapointed that all was put on hold for

the Chrismas Holidays.Dad is supposed to have surgery either Monday or Tuesday to have a stent inserted in the aneurysm.He is nervous as the area affected is in a high risk area of the abdomen.

Of course the Doctors always advise you of what could go wrong piercing of the bowels ,loss of both kidneys and many more possibilities etc....

I did go ice fishing for the first time yesterday around 4pm on the St-Lawrence river near the Champlain Bridge.

One lesson learned never go ice fishing without my ice hut when I bring my young 11 year old son.

I was warm of course after drilling 7 holes with my 8 inch manual auger.I must get rid of it either go to a 6 inch or a gas auger just too physical; my arms were as pumped as Popeye.Was frustrating I set up all the lines 5 tip ups and 2 holes for jigging so after all that work Ryan says he his too cold the foot warmers were not working and it seems his hot paws did not keep his hands warm enough.Had 2 hits off the tip ups but did not get there soon enough because I was too busy setting up.Ryan ran up to the car while I picked up all the lines and ice fishing gear.I did see quite a few eyes landed from others in the area.I will be back this time with the 2 man Frabill.We are aloud 10 holes each in this area far too many holes to drill by hand.I will be back at it soon hopefully with success.

Thanks to all of you for your support during one of lifes unpredictable detours.

Mike the Pike