Gulp Minnow heads?

Handlebarz

Has anyone tried these? I dont know if they are new this year or not but I found them at a Meijer in MI today and had to buy them they look great they only had the smelt ones hope they work out I guess I do like gulp enough that they will do fine just wondering if anyone has seen them or used them before?

here is a site that sells them for thoes who have not seen them yet

http://www.fishusa.com/Berkley-Gulp-Alive-...d-Jarred_p.html

I read about them in a magazine. They're supposed to be pretty good. I didn't know about this before I saw the product, but apparently lots of guys just use the head of the minnow, squeezed off with your thumb so guts hang down and it bleeds. (Did you guys know that...it was new to me) Apparently dangling guts is the key...just like the gulp has.

I think the main reason people use the head or tail only is to avoid short strikes. I learnt that the hard way last year when a buddy of mine was catching fish after fish and I kept getting punked for my minnow. Eventually I figured out he was only using the head or tail. Since then ive started doing the same thing with either real or artificial minnows like gulp and have had a much higher hook up percentage. Only while ice fishing though....

Cheers

I also just picked up a jar of Gulp minnow heads (smelt) at Angling Outfitters just outside Woodstock. The smelt colour was the most natural looking to me. When you look at them they look like small tadpoles to me with grey tops & lighter bottoms.

I have tipped my jigs with minnow heads quite often. The reason is not about short strikes but about scent trail. Half a minnow gives off a better scent trail than a whole minnow. This is also the reason for tearing the minnow in half as opposed to cutting it. A straight cut leaves less of a scent trail. If you do cut them use your knife to split up the cut some.

I doubt the Gulp minnow heads will work as good as real ones but I will gladly admit it if I'm incorrect. Will try them this winter & hopefully soon.