I'll soon be a country bumpkin :)

lew

Wow .. atta boy Lew !

I have my heart set on just such a Garage .... dont get me wrong the house is nice .... but I been looking for a garage just like that to put all the toys (that I wil acquire when I have the place to put them) in .... great work bud - and smack in the middle of heaven too !

Congrats Lew! Looks like an amazing property and well, that "Man Cave" would have most of us drooling! LOL

We made the move to the country about 2 1/2 years ago and love it. It is definitely a lot more work, but it is an enjoyable kind of work.

Make sure Dianne knows that the snowblower, chainsaws, gas trimmers, and ATV, are TOOLS or IMPLEMENTS.....not toys! LOL

I made sure they were allowed for in the budget as well and tried to buy the best I could afford. So far, so good.

I use both an Ariens snowblower and a Polaris ATV/Plow to take care of the snow. I have a heavy duty Cub Cadet Garden tractor (not the HD specials either) for the green stuff. A blower attachment might work on an ATV, but Garden Tractors would struggle with snow. Even with wheel weights and chains.

I'm really glad to see you getting the rewards that you both have worked for all your lives! Enjoy!

Any thoughts on selling the trailer? We still have ours for now...but who knows? I just don't have the same desire to get up there now. Home is so peaceful! Take your time with that decision.

The new place is only a couple miles from the trailer Brian and like you, I'm ready to pack it in now too, but the misses wants to keep it for one more season, and we all know the wives win these type of discussions :lol: I may pop over a few times next season but won't be spending much time there.

We've been there since '74 and will definetely miss the place though.

As for the mower & blower, I'll have to start doing some thinking on those soon too.

Thanks again everyone and Steve, if you can make it over to my place from the Big O, the 6 pak will be on ME :lol:

35 years at the same place, WOW!! I'm hoping for 10 where we are in HH, somebody will end up forking out a whole whack of dough for the property (5 acres a stone's throw from the centre of the town) and developing it. Good luck and good hunting on your 'Man Toys' aka the snow blower and tractor. Take care my friend. Have a very Merry Christmas!!!