humminbird ice 45 or lowrance x67??

FisherMike

hey everyone! im looking for new toy for the upcoming ice season and am looking for a little input. im basically sold on the humminbird. ive heard good things about them, but im also curious about the lowrance unit. has anyone here used the lowrance?? from what i hear, they can be a little tough to read on a sunny day, although that could be solved by simply moving the unit. also ive heard that they dont hold up all that well in really cold temps. the unit is called the ice machine, so i dont think temps would be a huge problem. anyway, just looking for some info from anyone who owns or has used the lowrance. thanks.

i just bought ice 45 , waiting for the ice now, i used a portable hbird 535 for seveal years and decided it was time to upgrade for this ice fishing season

hope to provide some input once i put it to use,

anybody heading out into southern Ontario ice that needs some company in 2010, i have a week booked up in Temagami in Feb but really need to get some more time out on the ice

thanks for your input everyone. fishnwire, i looked up the aquaview. it looks like a pretty cool unit, however some of the reviews i read were not so great. apparently it tips over very easily if its not on a perfectly even surface, and there were a few other common complaints.. from what ive read here and elsewhere, i think im going with the hummingbird. thanks for your help guys.

if you do get the hbird ice flasher, Ben mentioned earlier to me not use the support cable it seems to screw up the transducer reading

hbird only supplies it due to copyright infringments with vex's I believe, .... Thanks Ben

It can cause the transducer to hang 'off-centre' or not level and therefore won't read bottom or mark your jig properly. Lots of ppl had this issue and concluded that the unit 'didn't work'. Not the case, it just wasn't set up right.