HST PASSED

BUSTER

Voting for the lesser of evils is still voting for evil

But if no one votes for the lesser evil the greater evil wins. What we need are politicians with the will to oppose the party line when it's not in the best interests of the electorate. The partisan pressure is huge and almost always relegates the public good to a secondary place behind what's best for the party. Unfortunately our whole parliamentary system is geared to party politics so we're stuck with it. Even the good politicians get lost in the muck.

JF

there's nothing neutral about paying more on purchases, and I don't give big business much faith in "passing" the savings down to us...most aren't known for being generous or fair.

trickle down economics only look good in textbooks.

For those of us old enough to remember.

Remember "metrification". the government promised that things would be simplified, and any change in volumes would be reflected in new pricing. We went from buying a quart, to a litre, which is .14 less, but paid the same.

Next lie. Wage and price controls in the 70's. During that recession, and runaway inflation, the government was going to apply the brakes evenly to stop the economy from stalling. The only controls were on wages. Prices kept on rising regardless of the consumers complaints.

Face it folks. Politicians were bought and paid for decades back, and don't care for the general public's best interest. Their interest is the best interest of those that bought them.

Edited by bigugli

For those of us old enough to remember.

Remember "metrification". the government promised that things would be simplified, and any change in volumes would be reflected in new pricing. We went from buying a quart, to a litre, which is .i4 less, but paid the same.

Next lie. Wage and price controls in the 70's. During that recession, and runaway inflation, the government was going to apply the brakes evenly to stop the economy from stalling. The only controls were on wages. Prices kept on rising regardless of the consumers complaints.

Face it folks. Politicians were bought and paid for decades back, and don't care for the general public's best interest. Their interest is the best interest of those that bought them.

Don't forget about speeding ticket fines that increased nicely with metrification!!!!!!

There are little scams and there are big scams. This is a big scam.

Only thing I can do about it now is NOT vote Liberal in the next election. You can rest assured that I will vote for any party that has a chance to unseat them. It's better to change the gang of crooks than to leave the same gang of crooks in charge for too long.

BEST LETTER OF THE YEAR

Dear Grim Reaper,

So far this year you have taken away my favourite dancer Michael Jackson, my favourite actor Patrick Swayze and my favourite singer Stephen Gately and my favourite actress Farah Fawcett.

Just so you know, my favourite politician is Dalton McGuinty.

Regards ...

Edited by Jocko

Ontario is a have not province now....well we do have a 25 billion dollar debt. The feds have a 50 billion dollar debt. Both levels of government need more money and the only way to do that is to raise taxes or cut spending. They decided to raise the taxes. It isn't about saving work for anybody or making it easier for business or being revenue neutral. These are only red herrings. It's about the money like it always is and the guy at the end of the line gets stuck with the bill like he always has.

That's how the HST works. :angry: