POCC PLEASURE CRAFT OPERATORS CERTIFICATE

BITEME

GOOD MORNING ALL

I have just been informed that depending on responce we will run this course out of TOWARF in Oakville. It will be in class and the instructor is very knowlegable.

For those of you who are interested in something better then doing it online the door is open right now

Im just gauging a responce after that i will put up some dates and the majority will rule cost will be $45.00 this is a very good course. You will enjoy it.

I can tell you that enforcment of this will be at an hightened level next year

Peter

Edited by BITEME.Esq

I think our course is up to about $45 with a Canadian Power and sail Squadron membership for a year. To challenge the test without the course was $20 but I think it went up a little.

We had a bunch of people lined up for a course but they all wrote the test at the fair for I think it was $60 or $80.

I think that most of you know how I feel about the boaters' card concept. It just wasn't one of their better ideas. HOWEVER!

It is the law and everyone must have one if he/she is to operate a motorized boat. Prices vary from one place to another. Sure you can get the test done online but if you're going to be paying for it anyway why don't you get full value for your money. In my opinion, the boater's card test will teach you next to nothing. Go to a place where you can meet the people teaching the course, talk to them, ask questions, learn something which might be specific to your home waters. You can try the Canadian Power and Sail Squadrons. This thread was started by Peter who is a part of the Town of Oakville Water and Air Rescue Force (TOWARF). These guys know what they're talking about. Heck, get a few OFNers together and make an evening of it! Learn something. Make it worth your while.

I'll ask Peter if he can post the next scheduled date.

Just my humble opinion.

Any cert instructor that is interested to come on board my boat in the spring, and willing to watch and instruct as to how I am operating the vessel,pm me.I dont mind paying the rate.Im fully insured.Just having a few issues and would like hands on instruction.Im new to this type of boat.20 ft bowrider,140 mercruiser.My first season with it and was being cautious with it.The boating card was too easy to get.....