a big D'OH on my part

GBW

Hey all.

So I was fishing in zone 20 today off an area in Oshawa and I was "foot trolling" and when I get to the end I get a hit. A nice big slam off the Wally diver and it's still a bit away so I'm not sure what I have on the end. A few big head shakes and I'm still not sure. An "older" fellow is there seeing what's going on and comes over. After a few min. fight I see the biggest small mouth I have ever seen! I win the fight and get it landed and think to myself, zone 17 bass is closed get it back before someone asks to keep it or I get in trouble for OOS fish" So I unhook this monster using the boka grip (as some my know I messed up my hand recently) and have a quick look at it (5.5LB on my BAD scale) and toss the fish back in. The older fellow looks to me and says "that was a keeper why did you toss it back?"... I said bass is OOS here now so I had to no matter what and that's why I took care of the fish so quickly and didn't take any pic's so I wouldn't have issues".

So I get home and check my reg's for zone 20 to find out I could have taken more time with the fish and got a few pic's as it's not OOS yet! ARRGGHH!!!! And when I said "bad" scale, my boka type scale is very light to the fish's weight on a good scale. I had a 5LB walleye on this scale that read just under 4 LBs but when on 2 other digital scales was in the high 6 range...

I'm not mad that I let the fish go at all, just mad with myself for catching my largest bass of my life yet with nothing to show for it other than fish smell...

Geoff too bad you did not know it was in season..... I'm sure, that one would of gotten some serious footage with the camera :(

On the other hand..... Congratulations on landing that beast :clapping::thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

You know where it lives now!!! Go get her B)

Thanks for sharing

Jacques

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

as long as you saw it, it doesn't matter.

fishing is about personal achievements more than it is about praise from peers...

(although we would have loved to have seen it)

thanks guys and yes I will not forget it.

StoneFly, I guess he would have eaten it if he caught it... maybe he ment keeper to get a mount made? I duno...

either way, it was a heck of a way to break in my new rod and reel...

*note to self* get back out to that spot ASAP with OFC team sign a camera...