Crotch or Big Gull

Woodturnermike

Hello again. I hope you guys don't mind another question. Doing a bit of research, I'm thinking about planning a trip to either Crotch or Big Gull. Hoping to target walleye, bass and pike and would really like crappie as well. I'll be towing a boat. Not looking for any activities other than fishing. For those of you with experience on these two lakes, do you prefer one over the other? Do you have a preference as to cottages, such as Tumblehome, Land O Lakes, Kirks, etc.?

Thanks again

Mike

We've camped at Crotch Lake the last two summers, probably be back next year as well.

Never had a lot of fishing luck on the lake, the odd decent bass...but what a beautiful place!

I've been going to Big Gull Kirk Kove Cottages for the last 8 years. We just target Walleye. There is Pike, Musky, Bass in the lake. We go the first week of June but You have to work for your Walleye, they are great eating there. One nice thing about this lake, it's 85% crown land, not many cottages and not many boats early in the year. You can check Kirk Kove Cottages web site Our groups picture is in there fishing pictures. Every time I look at these picture it brings a tear to my eye. 2 of my best Buddy's in these pictures have past on. Man how time flys. Sorry I have to go get a Kleenex

1000713rl.jpg

1000725g.jpg

Edited by Fish Farmer

We stayed at Crotch Lake several years ago....at Tumblehome Lodge. And I'll agree with everything that's been said so far; beautiful lake, owner of Tumblehome knows lake inside and out, just the 'odd' fish.

Seriously, we went there to catch some walleye and smallies. Three of us, all week...we caught 2 walleye and 1 smallie, and the 'odd' sunfish and perch. What a waste of fishing time. And we went there in search of better quality fishing versus Pigeon Lake! What fools we were.

If you're going to take a trip and want to catch fish...you may want to reconsider and go to another location. If you're going to just go fishing, it's a fine place to spend some time, but don't expect any fish dinners...