NF - Speeding Ticket...

the 401 is NOT hwy 17/11. common sense tells us to drive according to conditions, an icy road means we slow down. a dry, sunny day means the average speed of people travelling on the 401 is 120. that's just the way it is. if you're going the limit, you're a hazard.

I've got no problem with 120 (in a 100 ;) ).

But to play the other side, What would that driver who is doing the LIMIT consider all those other drivers zipping past them ? A hazard maybe?

If 15 cars doing 120 see 1 car at 100 as a hazard, then that same car at 100 probably sees 15 hazards around him. Just because the majority are doing something they are not supposed to, doesn't mean the person following the rules should be made to feel uncomfortable doing it!

For those that read this board it's obvious Ryan is a good man.

To top it off he seems to have a great wife and a very young, very lovely daughter.

As is the case with most young families I'm fairly sure money is tight.

Yes he was caught speeding. Would any of the judgemental types begrudge the man his right to attempt to get the charge knocked down? Never mind the fine itself but the jump in insurance might be a lot for a young family to handle.

Do you think maybe he might slow down a bit in the future now?

So many people so quick to jump.

My guess is you'd best be careful casting stones as you most likely live in a glass house.