Pulling the chute...

mbosh1980

I decided to get away from all this Lake O. tributary drama and head up to my usual summer stomping grounds next monday.

I still haven't caught a muskie or decent walleye this year. Was wondering if anyone was having luck on stony/ clear lately?

Thanks in advance!

just a short report. The weather really hampered my efforts to get out on the boat, so i ended up doing a bunch of yardwork. I was able to cast off the dock a bit on a couple days with NO luck. Well, I had one strike on a topwater (i think a muskie, but couldnt be sure) on monday, then nothing the rest of the week. This morning was nice and calm so I started throwing another topwater crankbait while everyone else was still sleeping. Sure enough my PB smallie slurped it in. Landed it, measured it at 19.25", took some pics and let it swim away for another day. Not huge by most standards, but it made me pretty happy. Pics to follow.

Which part of Stoney/Clear are you on, I recommend the evening bite in 8-12ft off of deeper water if you're looking for numbers, white jig 1/8oz-1/4oz with twister and most of a worm. Alternatively a minnow. That's been working for me. They're also deeper but I don't currently use a fish finder.

Which part of Stoney/Clear are you on, I recommend the evening bite in 8-12ft off of deeper water if you're looking for numbers, white jig 1/8oz-1/4oz with twister and most of a worm. Alternatively a minnow. That's been working for me. They're also deeper but I don't currently use a fish finder.

I'm on the west side of clear, very close to the sailing club. I don't have a fishfinder either, I feel your pain.

I'm on the west side of clear, very close to the sailing club. I don't have a fishfinder either, I feel your pain.

If you fish along the south shore from where you are to Bryson's bay, there's a dropoff all along about 100 feet out from shore, fish in 8 ft of water plus, preferably more in the 20-30ft if you're fishing during the day and you should get into some. Closer than going to some of the other areas on the lake if that's a concern. Let us know how you do, I was supposed to be up this weekend but couldn't, think I'll be going in 3 weeks.

Guest steel'n'esox

was on a kawartha lake on oct 5 water temp was 65 degrees, on oct 11 on that say lake water temp was 54/55 degrees in my opinion by now on the shallower kawarthas turnover has completed and is in the process or completed on the more northern or shield lakes in the kawarthas ie stony

just a short report. The weather really hampered my efforts to get out on the boat, so i ended up doing a bunch of yardwork. I was able to cast off the dock a bit on a couple days with NO luck. Well, I had one strike on a topwater (i think a muskie, but couldnt be sure) on monday, then nothing the rest of the week. This morning was nice and calm so I started throwing another topwater crankbait while everyone else was still sleeping. Sure enough my PB smallie slurped it in. Landed it, measured it at 19.25", took some pics and let it swim away for another day. Not huge by most standards, but it made me pretty happy. Pics to follow.

well here is my only fish for the week. doesn't look as big in pictures as it does in my memory of catching it.

I threw it on a scale real quick and it came out as 4 1/4 lb, but i use a spring scale so i don't think it was totally accurate. maybe closer to the high 3's

DSC05825.JPG