Some Non-Trib Salmon

Jet

I went down to Lake O recently to see if the Salmon had arrived. Didn't see much action on the surface, but decided that since I had driven all that way I might as well try a few cast. Low and behold the Salmon were biting. I only stayed for two hours but my friends and I hooked three Salmon. We caught two on Jointed Rapalas and hooked one on the tried and tested Dare Devil. One of my friends is a rookie angler so I gave him my 20-year-old Dare Devil to use knowing that snags are common at this spot. I guess the karma fishing gods showed me, cause he hooked the first one and it was a very big male close to 30 lbs in my estimation. After about 10 minutes the spoon popped out, but it hooked his enthusiasm.

Here are two pictures of the only hen we landed.

cropash.jpg

ashcrop2.jpg

Edited by Jet

d-d-d-d-DAREDevle>?!?!?!?! :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

Good job...thanks for posting! :thumbsup_anim:

The other guys there laughed when I told them it was hooked on the Double D. I have to admit I didn't think that Dare Devil was going to work at all. I figured I'd let him practice with it before he'd "lose" it. I've had that piece of hardware in my tackle box forever and honestly have never used it. I guess fishing gear doesn't always need to be as fancy as some of it is now!

Great catch man :thumbsup_anim:

Funny you should mention DD spoons...My friend swears by the yellow 5 of Diamonds and he catches insane numbers of steelhead off the pier and in the estuaries. Who'd thought? LOL