Arm Chair Resource Minister

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

All of us like to be an arm chair minister of natural resources! In short, the salmon thread led me to think a thread where we all give suggestions could be both enlightening and entertaining! So here she goes...If you were the Minister of Natural Resources for the province of Ontario, what would you do? What projects would you keep? What projects would you cancel? etc etc etc

Modify the fishing regulations for Ontario from Lake Nipissing all the way down to Lake Erie.

1) Reduce possession limits for every species

2) Add more officers

3) Increase fines for littering

4) IF YOU ARE COMPLETELY CAPABLE OF WORKING AND ARE ON WELFARE THEN YOU MUST JOIN A CLEAN UP PROGRAM FOR YOUR REGION

These are the first things that come to mind.

This would just be scratching the surface.

Edited by laszlo

Make a line at the French river, its already an established line so I may as well use it, and declare northern and southern Ontario. Then the southerners would require non-resident licences for fishing and hunting in the north. They would get all the new rules they want down there and not affect the north with their population problems.

All of us like to be an arm chair minister of natural resources! In short, the salmon thread led me to think a thread where we all give suggestions could be both enlightening and entertaining! So here she goes...If you were the Minister of Natural Resources for the province of Ontario, what would you do? What projects would you keep? What projects would you cancel? etc etc etc

Damn, 11.54pm and you are on OFC? You young guys need more stamina!

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

hah! you guys are funny! i WISH we were having a honeymoon!

our "honeymoon" is tending to our sick 4 month old and tomorrow i go on a work trip for a week! some honeymoon!

our "honeymoon" is tending to our sick 4 month old and tomorrow i go on a work trip for a week! some honeymoon!

that's no good!

We went cheap on ours. 2 weeks camping in Temagami (with our 6 month old) and I wouldn't want to have gone anywhere else.

that's no good!

We went cheap on ours. 2 weeks camping in Temagami (with our 6 month old) and I wouldn't want to have gone anywhere else.

Is it typical of Canadians to put the "cart before the horse"???

1) More CO's on the rivers and lakes.

2) Review the regulations for seasons in tighter geographical locations.

3) Have an interactive website for direct communication with the ministry for ideas like we are suggesting and reporting offenders.

Make a line at the French river, its already an established line so I may as well use it, and declare northern and southern Ontario. Then the southerners would require non-resident licences for fishing and hunting in the north. They would get all the new rules they want down there and not affect the north with their population problems.

[/quote

:clapping::clapping::clapping:

Exactly!!!!

Southern Ontario can pay to come up here and hunt...to much of our resources are shipped to the South with nothing in return!

And North does not mean an hour north of Barrie to Parry Sound!!!