Ottawa River Late Night Walleye

spik

Hi all:

Thought I would put in a quick report on late night walleye fishing from shore. As I am not a boat owner a lot of my fishing consists of shore fishing. The window of opportunity especially for fish such as walleye can be very short, but at times can when the fish are actively feeding can be very good. These fish were taken a few hours after dark aggressively jigging tight to bottom (1/4 ounce white jig). I usually tip with a worm or minnow, but a full worm seems to out fish minnows (for size) until the temperature drops further. Ottawa River walleye can almost be found everywhere, but often like to sit in increased current flow and fluctuations along with structure changes (drop offs). For year around consistency in water around river mouths. Depending on current strength I like to change the size of the jig head so I can maintain contact with the bottom without jeopardizing the livelihood of the jig. Here are the rewards of the night’s action. Fish sizes are 22", 19", and 14". All these fish were released.

f3.JPGf2.JPGf.JPG

Hope to get out again soon.

Very nice!! Thanx for the great pics :)

I'm hoping to do some walleye fishing very shortly :D Have you ever tried leeches before? I was watching a fishing show this morning and they were up around White River & the walleye seemed to love the leeches, any suggestions?

Thanx & I'm glad to have found this place B)

Ottawa River walleye can almost be found everywhere, but often like to sit in increased current flow and fluctuations along with structure changes (drop offs). For year around consistency in water around river mouths.

So THAT'S what I'm doing wrong... :rolleyes: Great report...welcome aboard!