Rogers on Demand

NAW

I was checking out ROD this weekend to see if they had any free WFN shows, as they do every so often.

To my surprise, they have added a ton of new hunting and fishing shows to the roster. However, none of the shows are free!! :angry: From what I could see they all cost $1.99. Some them you get two 1/2 hour shows, and other you get a one 1 hour show.

I don't really like paying to watch TV shows, but I guess if I’m really itchin' to watch some hunting or fishing, then it's worth the $1.99.

They even have a few Canada in the Rough shows you can buy. I love that show.

I havn't seen any post about this yet, so I thought I would let you all know.

I was checking out ROD this weekend to see if they had any free WFN shows, as they do every so often.

To my surprise, they have added a ton of new hunting and fishing shows to the roster. However, none of the shows are free!! :angry: From what I could see they all cost $1.99. Some them you get two 1/2 hour shows, and other you get a one 1 hour show.

I don't really like paying to watch TV shows, but I guess if I’m really itchin' to watch some hunting or fishing, then it's worth the $1.99.

They even have a few Canada in the Rough shows you can buy. I love that show.

I havn't seen any post about this yet, so I thought I would let you all know.

I'm glad there's more WFN stuff on there now. If you subscribe to WFN I think the fishing stuff is free though...at least I hope so else I'm in trouble!

I just moved and had to switch to Rogers Cable as the condo bldg doesn't allow satellite dishes etc.

I have looked everywhere for some mention of WFN as an additional channel but haven't seen any mention of it. Can anyone tell me if it's available individually or in a package and how much? Phoning Rogers to ask is too annoying. It took 4 phone calls and almost 3 hours last Sunday to get it connected and working. I need more time to build up a stock of patience to phone again. :P

JF

I just moved and had to switch to Rogers Cable as the condo bldg doesn't allow satellite dishes etc.

I have looked everywhere for some mention of WFN as an additional channel but haven't seen any mention of it. Can anyone tell me if it's available individually or in a package and how much? Phoning Rogers to ask is too annoying. It took 4 phone calls and almost 3 hours last Sunday to get it connected and working. I need more time to build up a stock of patience to phone again. :P

JF

Yes its available individually like $3/month. Channel 426

$3 per month..

That's cheap man. I'll have to check that out. If it's that cheap, I'll get it fir sure.. I didn't realize you could get WFN on it's own. Considering Rogers is selling 1 episode of Facts of Fishing for $1.99, why not get WFN for the whole month for $3

Thanks.

Now I know what to order over the internet. That way I don't have to put up with phone dunces. I swear that company has taken phone obstruction to a whole new level, one that even Bell must envy.

JF

JF

Do you have the digital cable box? If so you should be able to get it either as an individual channel or as part of a package.

Thanks.

Now I know what to order over the internet. That way I don't have to put up with phone dunces. I swear that company has taken phone obstruction to a whole new level, one that even Bell must envy.

JF

lol, so so true. I canceled my rogers home internet about 5-6 months ago and it was like wrestling an 800 lb oil covered gorilla - I'd finally think I'd have them where I needed them and they'd drop the call on a transfer!!! I'd still get calls 5 months later asking how satisfied I was with the service. I finally found a great replacement for rogers cable tv so I dropped them too. Bell's IP TV offering. It may not be available everywhere yet, but most of Mississauga has it and I'm in love. 17 Meg internet connection, hundreds of channels including all the HD stuff and movie channels for introductory rate of $85/mth. I was paying close to that for Basic cable and my internet each, now I get both for that and once the introductory offer ends, I can downscale the channel selection and I still get the HD PVR unit, with ability to pause live tv (plus an extra console for only $5/mth) plus I get to keep my 17 meg connection. It was actually only about 5.5 MB download and 7.5 upload when I tested at speedtest.net, but still blazing fast and unlike my rogers internet connection, it does not crash several times a day. It was actually probably their modem, but they would never believe me and wouldn't send me a replacement to test with - so frustrating having to explain the entire problem over and over again each time I called Rogers back. Then again, my experiences with Bell have not been any better but I guess you gotta pick your poison. haha

The only downside is Bell's IP TV does not have WFN yet, but they will add it soon I was told. The console was connected by an HDMI cable to my tv and it is clearer and crisper (on the HD channels) than a DVD even. I'm no audio/videophile, and the show I watch more than all others combined is Wiggle and Learn or The Wiggles, but it felt great to watch football in HD for 15 seconds before I was told to turn it back to "her show".

So far I'm loving it.

Sounds tempting but I'm not sure it's made it to little bitty Stratford. Besides, I just laid out $350 for the Rogers PVR box.

JF

Ya, not sure when it will be available on a wider scale. entertainment.bell.ca is the place to go and check if it is offered.

$350, ouch. PVR is pretty darn convenient though.