soo locks

redneck666

The last week has been slow in the river for salmon....Ive been praying for some rain....

Headin to the rapids soon to bounce some spawn around....Its been hit and miss but I've landed 1 coho, 2 kings, 2 small bows and 1 small laker from the rapids this week.....I havent been downtown for eyes but we got one in the boat on a J plug the other night....20 incher....

Keep bouncin roe man....

TDunn

I havent been downtown for eyes but we got one in the boat on a J plug the other night....20 incher....

Keep bouncin roe man....

Yanno....we're used to hearing these things but if you dropped that sentence at a golfers gala dinner, I'll bet that everyone would stop eating and wonder what the hell was wrong with your head. :lol:

Good onya fer pluggin' away!

I was out to the mouth at Lake George Thursday and Friday night for an hour or so. Got a 20" eye the first night. It was cloudy and blowing up pretty good. Friday I was marking so many fish top water that I tied on a Xrap cloun that you guys have been talking about. I was tidying up the boat so the rod was in the holder. Not 3 minutes it starts to bouncing. Fish gone before I got to it. So, I just left it there. 2 minutes later it starts to bouncing again and line peeling out. Great, a King on my little GLumis and 2000 Diawa. I played for about 15 minutes and landed one tired King about 15 lbs. I was alone in the boat too so it was extra interesting.

I'm going to be in the soo on Oct 5,6,7 for meetings. I will be staying at the Sleep Inn, so I'm interested in knowing if there is any fishing near there. evidently it is near the river

Go out the back door of the hotel, 100' to the water. You never know what you will catch. Salmon and eyes all through there.

You are also quite close to the rapids.

Edited by Dara

lol well its good to finally hear from ya! and in such a great way haha. thanks for the info.... I too am now considereing headin down there for some action.... the problem is gettin there....

and i must know your set-up.... seeing as how none of mine work....

i swear to god that musta been you i was talkin to the one day i was there

by the way, nice FISH!

JP

Edited by bigredneck

Lol, thanks.

It may well have been me you talked to, I'm not unfriendly.

My setup is 7 ft. Shimano Scimitar/Spirex 4000FE for buzzers and a 9 ft Med Action Shimano combo for spoons.

2 inch buzzbomb with a large chartreuse bead and a Eagle Claw chartreuse dressed treble hook.

3/8 oz. Little Cleo Rainbow pattern tipped with a piece of Berkley pink steelhead worm.

IF you see me down there come say hello!

Ok now that I know I'll be able to wet a line, what should I bring , I am flying in so i'm limited to what I can bring, I got a telescoping pole and can bring a spinning reel, what should I do, bring some jigs and gulp or spoons to throw from shore?