IGFA Received World Record Bass Application!

wask

http://fishinghistory.blogspot.com/2009/09...ived-world.html!

wrb_small.jpg

Crazy. Would tie George Perry's record that has stood for 70 some years if it is counted as valid.

Was caught on a BlueGill.

The craziest part is that Japan considers bass an invasive species and is trying to rid their waters of them.

We'll see what happens, I don't know how you verify this record, especially from half way across the world more than two months after the fish was caught.

Either way, it can't match the mystique of Perry's catch, at least not in my opinion...

Here is a pic of Perry and his Bass (which I had forgotten existed)

perrybassphoto2.jpg

Cool write up on Perry and his bass

Edited by Wask

This story didn't just circulate 2 months after it was caught. It was all over the web and posted here almost immediately after. Lets do some searchin'

EDIT: Well I can't find the post here, but here's the article I read from July: http://hamptonroads.com/2009/07/japanese-a...re-world-record

325001000.jpg

Edited by Governator

So let Me understand this? They want to get rid of bass one of the most fun fish to catch so they can do what? Catch sunfish all day?

Japan has other native fish (like Ayu and some small trout species) that have better tasting fish and don't grow to large sizes. The bass are the invasive species.

So let Me understand this? They want to get rid of bass one of the most fun fish to catch so they can do what? Catch sunfish all day?

It's just shocking how many ignorant, uninformed, downright backward & inbred anglers there are out there who just don't appreciate a good sunfish....errr bass.

anim_peep-1.gif