salmon runs

boddah

any suggestions for salmon locations? credit river is too busy looking for another spot. i live north of toronto and was wondering how the nottawasaga is and where. aliston area or even coldwater? any help at all guys would be great, looking to use my new love of fly fishing :D

There are no places left in southern Ont. that are any less busy then erindale, except my secret spots....... :D. Your best bet, if you had the choice would be to fish throught the middle of the week(ie. tues, wed, thurs) and even then there's lots of guys fishing especially after a rain.

Rich.

I was int the area so I dropped by Alliston for a 1/2 hour this morning,...saw 4 nooks (2 had lampreys hangin off them) swimming around in a 6-7 ' deep pool attacking each other and a 14" or so rainbow, caught the rainbow on the second drift and a 7-8 lb nook 3 drifts later on a tiny red roe bag. That was all she wrote, they fish vanished after the nookie fight. Unless you know the area VERY well and are a VERY stealthy, I wouldnt bother. Why not put on the pads and hit Erindale? :DB)

Edited by StoneFly

Actually rainfall at this point is the enemy.

Right now because of lack of rain they're stalled at the rivermouths.

They're stacking up in the estuaries and off the piers. Throwing hardware down low the is the most fun you'll have.

Once they enter the rivers (or in most cases tiny creeks) you can have 'em.

from what I've been hearing they are not even staging up yet I know in my neck of woods they are no were near staging with only the odd shaker coming in early morning and gone by mid morning lots of water though with the mouths of some creeks being twice as deep and wide as last year .I'm going fishing going to hit a little brown creek with the UL and some dewies before it closes for the year .

Im going down to the mouth of the Credit tonight after dark. Im prepared to cast spoons from the pier or drift the river. I will let you know how I make out and if there is any action.

Hope your not talking about PORT CREDIT PIER... Check the REG's dude... I think its ILLEGAL to fish off that pier past AUGUST. - but I think on the OTHER SIDE... you can go there.