2nd night out on pond with no luck

skinny

well was at the Waterford Ponds again tonight. i got there about 5 pm and off the ponds at 8pm . I didn't get even a atempt. i was tossing a texas rigged yum buzz frog then tried a buzz bait and spinners then a hula popper then on to some stuff that is under surface and no luck

the pond was like glass saw few jumpers but nothing

there was some other guys out there and they had no luck either

next chance i might have to go out will be sat morn and looking for ideas on things to try

stay one more hour.... at night ;)

I don't get to the place I fish until 6:30pm , or about 90 minutes before dusk.... and I leave about 30 minutes after it gets dark on the local ponds..

When salmon and trout season are in full force, I will fish till midnight at least...

Keep up the efforts... you WILL be rewarded soon :Gonefishing:

Edited by splashhopper

It wasn't luck that makes the fish bite it's using the right bait at the right times. Sometimes just throwing out any old lure will work. Go back and stay earlier or IMO a morning bite can work wonders. Gives the fish all night to cruise around in the silence, get out there at 5am then throw some topwaters around...*cough* Skitter Pop.

MTBF

Don't know how deep the pond is but if you have a depth finder, try and locate underwater humps and work the drop offs with crankbaits. My preferred one is a white BigO. ;)

You can also work senkos around stumps and weed lines or like GCD said "live bait"

Good luck to you!!!

Leechman

Here's another tip for you Skinny.

It sounds like you pond may have a fair amount of fishing pressure, and if so... you may want to downsize your offerings, small inline spinners on ultra light tackle work for me under those conditions. You may also want to consider using small tubes and jigs as well. A Beetle Spin may work wonders!

hey skinny..... the following video posts from another of our GREAT friends :worthy: on this board might keep you interested in your area of fishing >>

http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=-75...0&hl=en-CA#

and this one too >>

http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=-75...589578177478466

stick with bro.... you will succeed B)

was ou today got out way early and started with top frog nothing then tried a buzz bait nothing tried some other top type stuff was about to call it a day and put on texas rigged worm and kinda messed a bit by the boat launce and hooked me 3 small large mouth . and i think a hit from a pike

still not sure it wasn't just luck I tried the worm earlier in the morn a bit too nothing

keeptrying I will get it

it's called learning

I'm fishing the one on the north side of Mechanic st . where are you coming from it will help me to tell you how to find the pond

Coming from Brantford, 403 to Rest Acres Rd I think it is, Which I believe is 24 south?..

Then turning left onto Thompson.

I know theres other ponds but I don't know how to get to them :(

ok on 24 south turn left just before the overpass (thompson r is left after the overpass

after turning left just drive you will find the ponds

i usally fish the last one to north

if you pull into the little parking area by boat launch and there is green ford truck((super cab) parked i'm prob out there

ok on 24 south turn left just before the overpass (thompson r is left after the overpass

after turning left just drive you will find the ponds

i usally fish the last one to north

if you pull into the little parking area by boat launch and there is green ford truck((super cab) parked i'm prob out there

I think me and the GF will be going out there tomorrow to do some shore fishing.

I'm sick of fishing at Wilkes with 300 other people right beside me constantly casting over my line.

Although it was interesting yesterday, I threw out my line with a worm on it, and it started tugging so i set the hook. I reeled it in, and on the end of the line i hooked a big clump of weeds, and then running through that horizontally was someone elses line (that they cut and left it out there, who knows how long ago), and it had a big sucker on it. So I caught a fish that wasnt even on my hook lol.

Edited by Ultyma316

Just got back from Waterford Ponds. We were on the road on Mechanic St fishing the south pond.

We fished for 4 hours and caught 2 sunfish.

Whatever was eating our worms was doing it in 1 hit, it was getting very frustrating. The stupid piece of crap rod that I was using

for live bait sucks at setting the hook, and I got mad and slammed it into the ground. No more rod. lol... Guess you get what you pay for.

The guy right next to us caught a nice 2-3lb smallmouth though... :(