Bass, Pike and Perch Report

danbouck

My buddies James, Jordan and I went down to the cottage in Long Point on Sunday at 6:30am hoping to get into some bass. The wind and waves sucked as usual all morning which made boat control horrible. We threw everything we had at the bass but couldn't get a sniff.

After a couple hours we decided to go hide in a shallow bay for a bit and get some pike. I started with my trusty Rapala J-9 in Firetiger and sure enough first cast FISH ON! Just a small pike but it was a fish and I was happy. We were fishless for another 30 minutes until I threw on a red X-rap and another fish on. It was slightly bigger and I was feeling great! (The other guys not so much, they were still fishless haha)

A few weeks ago I bought a Quantum Resource rod and a Okuma alumina baitcaster. I finally figured out the baitcaster thing and I LOVE IT!!! The thing can cast a mile.

Then the typical rain started so we headed to Port Rowan to grab some lunch to see if it would clear up. It didn't lol but we went back out.

I made the executive decision to get some perch for dinner and in typical LPB style we had a lot of nice perch within a couple hours. keepers were between 8" and 10". James made the day though when he caught the first bass of the day. It came in at a whopping 3 1/4" :lol:. We had non stop action for the rest of the afternoon.

We headed back to the cottage around 4pm and started cleaning, had a wobbly pop each and relaxed on the beach before heading home. No massive fish were caught but as usual I had a great day with some good friends and that's all that really matters at the end of the day.

No pics were taken due to the wind and rain.

P.S. It felt as if I was a part of team #1 today with all those baby fish that were caught :P

Dan

Edited by Dan Bouck

Soon as I seen Perch in the title Dan, I had to have a look. Next best thing to catching a Drum. Perch fishing, my favorite :thumbsup_anim: #1 game fish in my book.

Spiel don't cleanse my post. :D:w00t:

Perch fishing is one of my favorites too. Nothing better than non stop action for hours followed by a great meal.