I am not stuck on shore anymore!

splashhopper

I have been watching Kijiji for a tin boat the past few weeks and been seeing other interesting options to get me off shore and down the river or across some ponds...

Found a one man pontoon boat for $75.00 two weeks ago :o It was originally listed at $225... then he dropped it to $150.00 then he dropped it to $75.00..... I called him up and bought it on his word B)

Took it out on its maiden voyage a day or two later..... has a very slow leak in one pontoon,,,, but I was abled to fish in it for 5 hours before my foot started dragging in the water...lol

As if i needed my foot to help me turn circles in that thing :P

here is a video of one just like it ( this is not mine nor is it my video and I sure as heck don;t carry all that stuff with me, YET ! lol)>>

I was pumped up to go back out the next night... went back to the local pond to get the hang of rowing this baby.. to find out I lost my oars the trip before :o

Not used to putting all that stuff back in to my van...

I put a sign up on the picnic table in a zip-lock bag and prayed for them to be returned....

they were...

10 days later, after the lady that found them came back from vacation and saw my note still tacked to the picnic table. :worthy:

After contacting Ryan on this board about his "tooner" setup...he sent me some pics of his PIMPED OUT ride...lol

He had an electric motor on his!..... hmmmm.... that got me thinking real quick...

Then we were out on Richs boat with an electric trolling motor on it for the cancer fundraiser last weekend and I "got to drive".... not fun when the guy in the back is as big as SHREK ! ( and talks like him too :lol: )

So I started watching Kijiji again for an electric motor set up...

One came up today....

I called Ryan before I went to see those last three items and he gave me a couple of pointers that came in handy... Thanks Ryan.

i picked up:

1- Motor Guide T36 electric trolling motor (with no scratches on it..)

1- Schumacher Dual Battery charger like this one

http://store.schumachermart.com/se-1010-2.html

1 - Energizer deep cycle battery-700/140 ? ( less than a year old)

Total price for all 3 items ....

$140 ! :rolleyes:

GRAND TOTAL to get off-shore

$215.00 :santa:

Question about charging the battery:

How do I know if should i use the 10A setting or the 2A setting ?

Thanks.... hopefully some POV pics from the little "tooner" this weekend from a conservation area that Spinnerbaitking knows will will be posted after this weekend

Splashhopper

Edited by splashhopper

When I had my pontoon I was going to do the electric motor setup and ended up not doing it because the paddles alone was more than enough power plus I didn't want to lug around a battery and motor. You'll get a nice workout paddling. Don't take it out on a windy day, you'll get tossed around.

I thought that electric motors were excluded?

Doesn't look that way to me>>>

"When do I need to get a card?

The Competency of Operators of Pleasure Craft Regulations require operators of pleasure craft fitted with a motor and used for recreational purposes to have proof of competency on board at all times. These requirements are being phased in over ten years (see below)."

from >> http://www.powerboatexam.com/boater_exam_faq.html#j

Electric motors are not exempt.

splashhopper with a motor on your pontoon you have required a PCOC since the program started as it is under 4 meters in length.

Thanks Woodsman... I was quoting another posters question in red... above this post....

Should I do the test online, or go in to my local fishing store to do it?

Any thoughts?

Thanks all.