Chippawa Conservation Area

TC1OZ

Hello all!

Since I am still awaiting a boat (hopefully getting one beginning of September) and having ZERO luck in Fort Erie from shore...I was thinking about making a trek to this Conservation area.

They say its got lots of game fish that everyone loves to catch!

Anyone been here before? Is it worth the park fee?

Also, I do see many people have strong opinions on fishing in this forum...I was wondering do you guys see fishing at a conservation area like fishing in a fish tank? or do you consider it the same as going out to a regular lake/pond that is not maintained?

Also, I do see many people have strong opinions on fishing in this forum...I was wondering do you guys see fishing at a conservation area like fishing in a fish tank? or do you consider it the same as going out to a regular lake/pond that is not maintained?

It doesn't really matter how we see it. What matters is how YOU see it.

Good luck to you.

Fishing is fishing as long as the season is open. Wet a line where ever you please :Gonefishing:

It doesn't really matter how we see it. What matters is how YOU see it.

Good luck to you.

I just enjoy other peoples opinions; mostly I'm bored at work and trying to evoke conservation conversation (alliteration at its best)!

Thanks for wishing me luck! Not sure when I can make it out there...maybe tomorrow or Thursday, depending on the weather!

Been there several times and it can be pretty good. They have a man made pond there, not huge but a good size one, and a creek that runs through there too. The pond has largemouth, I've caught them up in the 3lb mark, and sunfish by the millions! The creek has loads of catfish and probably some other suprises. There is a fee to get in, probably around $7. There is a swimming area there as well. It's worth a check, good luck.

Thick weeds in Dils lake. Heavy weedless jigs texas rigs etc..., scum frogs. I've seen 5lb buckets pulled on occasion. There are sunfish by the score and some crappie. The back end of the park is the bank of the Welland R.

Edited by bigugli

Havent been there in years but the last time I was there the weeds were super thick .. I had a canoe so finding pockets in the weeds was easier .. not sure how the shore fishing would be but worth a shot .. also have caught crappie, pike (snot rockets) , and tons of sunfish .. the welland river has tons of cats and carp .. the odd bass and crappie to be had also

Havent been there in years but the last time I was there the weeds were super thick .. I had a canoe so finding pockets in the weeds was easier .. not sure how the shore fishing would be but worth a shot .. also have caught crappie, pike (snot rockets) , and tons of sunfish .. the welland river has tons of cats and carp .. the odd bass and crappie to be had also

Thank you for the advice!

Thats the same issue I run into fishing the Niagara River from the shore in Fort Erie, just too many weeds...can't really make a decent attempt without a canoe or boat!