Nipissing Resort Advice Needed!

Doctrt

I'm looking to rent a cottage for myself and the family (2 small kids) this September. I'd like to be on Callander Bay. Do you ladies and gents have any recommendations on a nice cottage / resort? I fish muskie so any advice that way would also be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Tim

I have used Glen Echo in the past to camp, but they do have cabins as well. They are also located along lighthouse rd. I have been here a few times, and from what they say, the muskie you really have to motor out quite far to get into them. There are members from this board in that area, I'm sure they could give you more insight on that.

Edited by Fish4Eyes

Sunset Cove was great. Took our kids there for 8 years in a row. Safe beach, shallow walk out for quite a ways which is good for smaller children, (may have to watch for the occassional rocks ) Great Sunsets!, out of the wind etc from the lake and quick access to safe / calmer water when there are windy days. Good fishing in south end of Bay area, but it can be rocky so watch if you have your own boat,. A number of cottages to choose from, several on the water and others set-back. Docking available for your own boat and/or you can rent from them. Summer rates for a water front, 2 bedroom with screened in front porch (Cottage #5) were in the $1200 range for the week, but in this economy they may be negotiable. They are 'cottages', Not glamourous houses or settings, but we also tried places like the Waltonian Inn (out on the lake - newer, nicer looking) but there was no cottage atmosphere etc. We went back to Sunset Cove. Call and ask for Pia or Alfons @ (705) 752-2820 or (800) 563-4395.