New trolling motor for bow-need help mounting

motion

Hi guys. Just bought a new Minn Kota Fortrex 80 for my boat to replace my old PD55. I'm really looking forward to the extra push the 80 will give me. It is going to be mounted the bow of the Alumicraft boat I have where the old motor now sits. The motor was mounted by the place I bought it from a few years ago on the right side of the boat. Most of the boats I see have it mounted on the left.

Does it matter which side it is mounted on? :dunno: It doesn't say much about the mounting in the installation manual so I thought it may just be a preference.

Thank-you in advance for you help. :thumbsup_anim:

This is a little off topic, and I know I might get in trouble for it, but anyways... :rolleyes:

Why is everyone referring to left and right hand side of the boat? I mean - we are talking about boats here, so port and starboard side should be discussed... Not sure if it's just me, but I just think it sounds really wrong using the wrong terms onbard a boat/ship...

This is a little off topic, and I know I might get in trouble for it, but anyways... :rolleyes:

Why is everyone referring to left and right hand side of the boat? I mean - we are talking about boats here, so port and starboard side should be discussed... Not sure if it's just me, but I just think it sounds really wrong using the wrong terms onbard a boat/ship...

Should we be referring to it as driver's side or passenger side? LOL