Want to go fishing around Mississauga but dont know where?

nnguyen22

Hi guys I'm new to this and need some suggestion on fishing spots and I have few questions. I have only gone fishing once in my life, that was last summer in Hamilton I think and caught some catfish,really enjoyed the whole experience and now that I'm older I'm looking to fish more often. So me and a few buddies of mine want to go fishing before the school year starts maybe sometime this weekend. The problem is that we don't actually know where to go around Mississauga. I have tried googleing but the sites just makes it more confusing with zones, areas and restrictions. I wanted to ask you guys if you have any suggestions on good locations to go fishing (example parks) and have a good time around Mississauga. I don't want to try down/up stream fishing or on a boat but just a place that's easy to get to relax and fish at the spot for beginners with fish :D .

I am going to buy some rods from Canadian tire in a few days but also need to know where to get the bait and what else is needed. Another question I have is some of us are under 18 while others are over so do we all need to have fishing licenses? Ive heard that if ur under 18 u dont need a license but do you need to be with others that are over 18 and with a fishing license?

I am new to the fishing game as well and also live in the brampton mississauga area. I tried fishing at erindale park near UTM, but that was pretty difficult considering it is a river wth fast running water. I went to lake aquitaine in meadowvale and it was disappointing; you can only catch small catch fish and other fish species that are very small. Only real success I have had is at Prof Lake in Brampton....I have caught plenty rock bass of decent size and large mouths in 1-1.5lbs range. I havent tried Bronte but I heard its decent.

Check the ministry of natural resources ontario website but I do believe that if you are under 16 it is free. Anyone over 16 and under 65 needs to be licenced. I have a licence but have never been asked for it, so you may be able to get away with it at some spots. I would suggest buying some small spinners and also some jerk baits like power grubs from canadian tire. I have had most of my catches using those. Dollarama also sells things such as split shots, spinners and spoons...so if cost is an issue check there too.

Best of luck

Hi guys I'm new to this and need some suggestion on fishing spots and I have few questions. I have only gone fishing once in my life, that was last summer in Hamilton I think and caught some catfish,really enjoyed the whole experience and now that I'm older I'm looking to fish more often. So me and a few buddies of mine want to go fishing before the school year starts maybe sometime this weekend. The problem is that we don't actually know where to go around Mississauga. I have tried googleing but the sites just makes it more confusing with zones, areas and restrictions. I wanted to ask you guys if you have any suggestions on good locations to go fishing (example parks) and have a good time around Mississauga. I don't want to try down/up stream fishing or on a boat but just a place that's easy to get to relax and fish at the spot for beginners with fish :D .

I am going to buy some rods from Canadian tire in a few days but also need to know where to get the bait and what else is needed. Another question I have is some of us are under 18 while others are over so do we all need to have fishing licenses? Ive heard that if ur under 18 u dont need a license but do you need to be with others that are over 18 and with a fishing license?

I have a licence but have never been asked for it, so you may be able to get away with it at some spots.

the last thing you want to do is get busted with no licence! It's doesn't cost much at all for a licence so why chance it?

as for spot's I can't help as I'm out in the East end... but different size and colour spinner baits is a good call. try the R bend and the inline one's. you can also use heavy line and a jig with a stick bait...

You're right GBW. I wouldnt fish without a licence....but a couple of my buddies do, and I have told them its unwise...my words fall on deaf ears.....i guess they wil change once they get caught....by the way what are the penalties for fishign with no licence?? Itried looking it up on the ministry site, but couldnt find anything.

the last thing you want to do is get busted with no licence! It's doesn't cost much at all for a licence so why chance it?

as for spot's I can't help as I'm out in the East end... but different size and colour spinner baits is a good call. try the R bend and the inline one's. you can also use heavy line and a jig with a stick bait...

You're right GBW. I wouldnt fish without a licence....but a couple of my buddies do, and I have told them its unwise...my words fall on deaf ears.....i guess they wil change once they get caught....by the way what are the penalties for fishign with no licence?? Itried looking it up on the ministry site, but couldnt find anything.

You can have EVERYTHING involved with your day taken away. IE, you drove to the spot (car can be taken), your bait, lures, rod, reel and have to fight to get it back. If I find it later I will post unless another member posts it for me (time to put the kid's to bed so no PC for a while :))

http://www.e-laws.gov.on.ca/html/statutes/...f41_e.htm#BK105

Seizure and forfeiture

92. (1) A conservation officer who is lawfully in a building or other place may, without a warrant, seize any thing that he or she believes on reasonable grounds,

(a) has been obtained by the commission of an offence under this Act;

(B) has been used in the commission of an offence under this Act;

© will afford evidence of the commission of an offence under this Act; or

(d) is intermixed with a thing referred to in clause (a), (B) or ©.

Presence pursuant to warrant

(2) If the conservation officer is in the building or other place pursuant to a warrant, subsection (1) applies to any thing, whether or not it is specified in the warrant.

Safekeeping

(3) A conservation officer shall deliver any thing that he or she seizes to a person authorized by the Minister for safekeeping, unless the thing is required to be carried before a justice by a search warrant issued under Part VIII of the Provincial Offences Act.

Return of seized things

(4) Any thing seized and not forfeited under this section shall be returned to the person from whom it was seized if,

(a) a charge is not laid at the conclusion of the investigation; or

(B) a charge is laid but, when the prosecution is finally disposed of, the defendant is acquitted or the charge is dismissed or withdrawn.

Payment of fine

(5) If a person is convicted of an offence and a fine is imposed,

(a) a thing seized in connection with the offence and not forfeited to the Crown in right of Ontario under this section shall not be returned until the fine has been paid; and

(B) if payment of the fine is in default within the meaning of section 69 of the Provincial Offences Act, a justice may order that the thing be forfeited to the Crown in right of Ontario.

Edited by GBW