Hey Clampet..."Tarpus Erectus" part two

Beans

In the bottom of each corner there is a block of wood 4" x4" X4" with a 1" dia hole drilled down the center and at the top of each corner there is a triangular piece of the 3/4 " plywood with a 1" dia hole drilled...this was for the poles...after securing the tarp at the bottom of the boxes (hooks in the grommets) the tarp was secured with a couple of bungee cords...

I picked up two pairs of skis at a community yard sale at St.Ola for $2.00 each pair and I bolted them onto the bottom and fasten a pull rope on the front...

I also made a wooden seat as you see in the pic of my pal Riley or sit on a pail inside and the wooden seats became trays...(sure miss that mutt!)

The problem I had with them is they were too heavy (3/4"plywood as suggested by my contracter son-in-law) and not being a skier I did not know skis don't ride on top of the snow (worked great on glare ice) :rolleyes: They are now doing duty as shelf holders in my fishing area out in the garage...

If I had it to do all over again I would use 1/4" plywood and bolt a small aluminum toboggan on the bottom...even cutting some of the wood away as in the last pic... it was still too heavy... <_<

Ya Brian...I still got the old Pocket Fisherman...it doesn't get much use nowadays but it got pressed into action that day as there were three adults and the two boys and only one had any equipment...

Riley loved to come with me on the ice and sleep on his blanket inside the box...was a real pain when he would jump out to explore a strange noise and knock stuff over... <_< He was a bit of a knotheaded mutt but we loved him...

I still remember the day Maureen and Maribeth came and met me at the bus stop with him after they had been to the animal shelter....I took one look and said " Cripes !...Why didn't you get a real dog ??? " :thumbsup_anim:

The rest of that day's crew...