Averie's First Bass!

My daughter Averie was bugging my wife about fishing all day yesterday, so when I got off work Ginny says " Ryan, take Averie fishing tonight she's been driving me nuts all day"... God I love that kid!

DSCF0620.jpg

Anyways, we didn't have much time, so I decided to take her to the "nursery", a creek down the road that holds loads of small fish. Averie's a pro when it comes to crackin' off bluegills, and she wasted no time in catching a handful right away.

DSCF0628.jpg

After she had her fix it was Daddy's turn to toss around some baits. Today's a choice, a white spinnerbait.....and first cast produces a little gator... When Averie tell's the story, it was a HUUUUUGGGEEEE pike! :lol:

DSCF0637.jpg

Second cast, same spot - a decent little largie, actually a big bass for this spot.

DSCF0625.jpg

And the release...

DSCF0626.jpg

Now that Averie know's there's bass around, she want's a to finally catch her first one...

First she warms up with a few more bluegill, and finally a BIG HIT (for her - she's little) a short battle ensues, and finally her first bass EVER emerges from the slop! :lol:

DSCF0630.jpg

And her first lip hold.

DSCF0633.jpg

After catching her prized bass she had no interest in fishing anymore and wanted to go home to tell mommy, but I was able to sneak in a couple more casts before leaving and managed another little gator, and a tiny bass on the spinnerbait.

DSCF0637.jpg

DSCF0645.jpg

Even though our fish weren't much to brag about, I know the memory of Averie's first bass will stay vivid in our minds for life. On the way home we enjoyed a nice sunset.

DSCF0662.jpg

Once arriving home we found out that our well pump was broken, and we had no water, but who cares. Let's hop in the little pool for a few minutes to clean off the fish slime and end the day on a high note reguardless.

DSCF0673.jpg

After a long day in the office, it was a great night with the kid.

Cheers,

Ryan

What a darling. WTG on a most successful outing. Even now Anna does not like to touch the fish. I do most of the handling unless she has her "glove" or a boca grip, but she likes to fish. Averie's got Anna beat by a country mile. :thumbsup_anim:

i want polarized glasses like your daughters .....

she is adorable...good on ya and good on her for pushing you out the door for an adventure...

proof right here in this thread ....priceless memories dont have to cost anything but time ...