kincardine

duxbware

Thinking of going to Kincardine tomorrow. They are calling for 20km winds from the West. I have a 16 ft boat with a 50Merc. This is my first time going there, are these safe winds to fish or are the waves going to be to large. I am new to boating and want to take it safe and slow, if you now what I mean. If these are good winds anyone have advice to help us catch some fish? Thanks.

Todd.

Thanks Rob, that's where I was thinking of going. Never fished lady Simcoe in the soft water. Where do you suggest I put the boat in and where do I go from there? I am not asking for your spot just a general area to start looking. I assume you are talking lakers and white fish? thanks for your help.

Todd.

there is a decent launch ( don't use the concrete but the gravel beach next to it) in orillia across from Tudhope park. watch for sign on hwy 12 not far past Trombley tackle shop , can't recal the street name.

If you are looking for lakers and whitefish I can't help you there . 20 k will produce some good sized waves on simcoe , take care

TB

If you head to kincardine, couple things about the big lake.

If you wake up at 6 and the wind is 20k stay home.. Not worth it.

If you wake up and there is a light breeze you can head down and watch the water/wind low rollers are safe its the chop you avoid.

While out there keep around the pack, if the wind picks up time too leave. North and east Wind is best as you can tuck in close to shore if it gets rough.

South and West are the worst as there is no hiding.

I always did well near the hump at the green patch. Stay safe and make sure you have a VHF if your going out.

LeXX