very important topic

Hello all! MY name is patrick and this is my first post on your fabulous site. I am 16 years old and an avid fisherman.(not your typical 15 year old). I have a very important issue to talk about and feel free to speak freely about this... before you start calling me racist i am i 5th generation native... so heer it is.The natives are destroying our fisheries!! i dont want to sound like derryl cronzy by any means(LOL) but its true. I was shocked during late april and early may when i saw natives netting walleye during the spawn act. This is against the ethnics of fishing. infact its not even fishing, its killing. you should have seen the walleye they pulled up! hundreds if not thousands of pounds of walleye.As if netting walleye during the spawn was not enough they got pike too. THEY SHOT THE PIKE ON SHORE AND LEFT THEM THERE. this was encluding a 43 inch trophie. let me be the first to say that the nets dont discriminate between a 12 pound trophy walleye or a 2 pound eater. in the open water nets, they have brought up the rarest fish in zone 10. the muskie.. and yes lots of them.. on this particular day it was on nippising. have you noticed the decline on fish populations on the nip? i sure have. and what does the MNR do? the put a smaller slot size on the nipfor the regular angler and not a weight cap for the natives. They dont eat all their fish either. they sell them illigally to people and markets. we fisherman are trying with our foremost efforts to save our fish only for it to be ruined my the netters.by all means i am not racist.. but common! half the nets they have are infested with zebra mussles and it wont be long until the zebras will be a permanent residence in our native and treasured lakes.

something needs to be done.

sorry for the negative first post lol.. had to get this off my chest...

Patrick

Welcome to OFC and congrats on your first post, as Gerritt stated, this is going to get interestingly messy. Did you hear that? Yep, it was the keys there coming out of the drawer already. :lol: Unfortunately it's not your post that should be locked up, it's the people on this earth with no conscious or idea of what is right or wrong.

Edited by pikehunter