Restoule Provincial Park

Pike_Nut71

Hey all! I am heading to Restoule PP this Tuesday with the family for our annual camping trip and would like any info on the fishing up there. We have a 14 foot tinny and would really like to find some walleye or bass to enhance the kids camping experiance.

I was at Restoule lake years ago for the first time and what we did is explore around....I'm not sure if this is were you will be fishing because there is a small stream connecting Restoule Lake to a body of water beside it but what I can tell you is Restoule Lake isn't that big and can be traversed in a day even in a small 14 footer with a smaller motor....We just went to weeds and rock and worked it out from there...

Good Luck !!

Thanks guys, I do like Pike but they can scare the little ones when they smash and run...I hope to find some action to put smiles on the little ones faces...The best memories are the ones where the fish plays the starring role, and the rest of us are the supporting cast.

Will update on return.

Tony

its a good size lake, long and narrow it can be worked in a day but you miss alot of good areas if you crusie on by. There are lots of smallies in the lake and decent walleye although it can be a tough lake to fish. It seems that sometimes the fish dont bite on restoule more then other lakes.

Its been a while since i fished the lake but if you want smallies i would cruise up to patterson lake for a better chance at good numbers of smallies.

Look forward to your report! The restoule area is one of the nicest places in ontario!!

Cheers!