Troutin' then Bassin'

Rich

Headed out with the gf and her nephew for some local trout today. Though I connected with a small rainbow right off the bat things were slow on the trout scene. The others gave up and switched to carp fishing but I continued casting a spinner just to keep my interest. lol Suddenly SMACK and I connect with one of the more decent browns from this spot this year.

DSC00396.jpg

DSC00395.jpg

After a little longer chasing trout my buddy Travis decided he wanted to fish for the first time in a couple years so we all headed out to Area 51 in search of some pond bass.

Travis and I both connected with a couple little guys.

DSC00399.jpg

DSC00400.jpg

Things at Area 51 were slower than ever however and these were the only interest points. That and watching the snapping turtles snap at sunfish.

Should have stuck with the trout fishing I suppose, but either way it was a great evening to be out. Thanks all for the good times!

Dude the browns are stacked in that spot!! Is that the biggest you've got out of there so far? Keep the reports coming.

The browns are stacked everywhere. We just went to that spot because it's easily accessible. There are actually a lot of better spots just down river.