Information Requests / No Responders Puzzling?????

Guest mbmkenton

Guest mbmkenton

I am a newbie to the forum and am rather disappointed in the lack of responses for fishing info on Rondeau. Certainly there are numerous fisherman who hit the area regularly however with over 145 views on my last 2 requests only John, the moderator, has responded.... I thought the forum was a device to share information among fisherman and promote visiting new areas....

I'm not asking for your "secret spot", just general info to make my trip more productive. I'm primarily a catch and release guy. Even if I didn't catch and release, there's not much danger in effecting the bass and pike population in a weeks time...

Any comments????

You may discover that you might get a reply after the weekend is done, if there are indeed any fisherpersons around that's willing to share some info. Some are up at Lakeair and others are just too busy fishing.

Yup!

I've never been to the lake you've requested info on, but I've been on this board a little bit and maybe this will help a little

We like a little introduction so we can kind of get to know you.

The good folks on this board can be conservative with information, especially if they don't know you!

Even if we know you, it still takes time for an info question to get answered here.

I also noticed you were kind of demanding in your thread... the word please goes a long way (anywhere).

Even if you don't get much info on the lake you requested, write us up a report on your trip (we love pics!!!) and post it here!... or any time you go fishing!

You'll find folks more willing to help if you "give" as well as "take"

Put simply, there are a few thousand registered members and 100 odd regular contributors. Being the weekend, the regulars are out fishing. I'll be out there shortly.

Never fished Rondeau, so I can't help in that area. Can't be too much different from Long Point bay. Well sheltered, fairly shallow, with a soft flat bottom. Wide range of pannies, bass, pike, coarse fish. If you want walleye you have to leave the bay.

Edited by bigugli

Guest mbmkenton

GEEZ..... never intended to come across as demanding.... I thought the words "thanks" and "appreciate" wouldn't come across that way... just looking for some help.... I had ask for some tips 2 or 3 weeks ago with only 1 response. You all know its tough fishing on a body of water you've never been to before... I'd share info on good fishin' holes for bass in my neck of the woods except for 1 problem.... theyre all heavily fished and quality of the bass is small. No pike in my area either.... Again, didnt mean to ruffle any feathers, just wanted to see if I could get some info to save time from prospecting the entire bay....

You can use the search function and type in 'Rondeau' and will get some past reports and tips.

Most regular contributors are probably away this weekend, but few really fish this area on this board.

Never fished there but spinnerbaits, weedless frogs and jerkbaits like x-raps probably work for the pike and bass in area.

As already stated... Most of us regulars are away at the annual get together (wish I was there!!) Anyways, I am sure you will see more helpful advice upon their return. I would help you myself however I have not fished the area before.

As for the views your post has taken my bet is 80-90% are from lurkers (non-registered people that visit the board)

I would also like to inform you that while John is a great contributing member... he is not a forum moderator. But if he gives you some advice... it would serve you well to heed it :)

Anyways, I wish you all,the best! and welcome to our little home on the internet.

G