Emily park

scugpg

I've stayed there only once before in the past, but I will be there in one week for a few days (monday through Canada day) When I was there the first time we stayed at the "hill campground". If if i remember correctly we stayed at site 137. There was quite a slope to the site and there wasn't much shade most of the day. There was a water tap on the site and it was only a couple of minutes to walk to either the comfort station or the beach. Next week we'll be staying at site 110 which is also on the hill campground(I'm pretty sure) That site is a bit closer to the comfort station and is pretty much directly on the beach (theres a small path through 3 feet of bushes and then you'r e on the beach right next to your site. There is also a water tap a site or two away. There seemed to be plenty of shade and the firepit/picnic table were set towards the back of the site. It's right on a corner of a couple of roads, and on the way to the beach so there will probably be some traffic by it, but its pretty deep so with the car and tent there, it shouldnt be too bad.

Here's the map of the park from the campgrounds website.

Emily Campsites

If you want me to check out any sites specifically pm me and I'll try to remember to check em out. If I'm back before you plan on going that is.

Ryan

Emily was always a favourite of ours until the Canadian geese started to really ruin the beach area, used to like going down early in the morning and throwing a worm out to the edge of the swimming area.

We liked sites 108 and 109, since they were close to the beach and still had some decent shade with a reasonable amount of privacy.

the campsites at the end of the loop in the Cedars area the numbers are 45-49 are all good sites with lots of privacy and 48 is right next to the boat ramp and dock.The downside is it is a ways to the showers and full service restrooms. Last year stayed at site 307 big site,lots of room, right around the corner from the main boat ramp ,beach and docks,plus just a short walk to the main restrooms.

Edited by bowslayer

site 48 is right beside the dock but not near either of the 2 launches.

and it is a real nice site.

if you have a boat on a trailer then i hope you can back it up good to get it on the site

if its bigger then a 14' tinny then you wont get it on the site.

its a real nice park but the water is only 4 -5 feet deep all down at that end of pigeon.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm heading there this weekend with the family. We go there once a year. I think it is a very under rated park! Most sites are large and private. The beach is well maintained (considering all the weeds in Pigeon!). Them seem to have fixed the goose problem. We usually stay in the circle campground. Sites are really nice and your close to a comfort station.