End of the dock PB's...?

StoneFly

Just try to ignore the OOS protesters. They just love to jump on these threads. Great looking fish though, just too bad it was OOS. You just have to wait till next weekend when those "nesting" bass magically adandon their nests and fry because they know we're after them. Then you wont have to feel guilty for accidentally catching them. :rolleyes:

Natural species won't be doing well if people keep pulling them out OOS, with crappy-tire rod and reel or whatever, as other poster mentioned by the time they get back to their nests their eggs are eaten by pan fish.

sorry you are offended, just calling it the way it is,

BTW, I don't have a $40,000 boat, just a couple of rods and reels and a regulation book.

good luck next Saturday, you have the right attitude :rolleyes:

Not offended AT all SF, just laughing over here at symantics. I see 100's of salmon/steelhead caught illegally all the time every year,...put my personally safety at risk tyring to help/school the ignorant offenders. Roll your eyes all you want, its not gonna make next saturday come any quicker for you...;)

Just try to ignore the OOS protesters. They just love to jump on these threads. Great looking fish though, just too bad it was OOS. You just have to wait till next weekend when those "nesting" bass magically adandon their nests and fry because they know we're after them. Then you wont have to feel guilty for accidentally catching them. :rolleyes:

Good Point, but what does the 'Magical date' of the reg's actually mean? NOTTA!!! mother nature dictates it and it goes by no calender. the 30-60 day varience by when the Stleehead show up in rivers is not governed by a calender its weather conditions, Bass are the same,...Can we please get real here? If the MNR had the funding, they might change the dates here and there or maybe adopt some other provinces practices. Last sat in June can mean way too late or lots of fishing,...same as Sept 30 or Last sat in April.

Good Point, but what does the 'Magical date' of the reg's actually mean? NOTTA!!! mother nature dictates it and it goes by no calender. the 30-60 day varience by when the Stleehead show up in rivers is not governed by a calender its weather conditions, Bass are the same,...Can we please get real here? If the MNR had the funding, they might change the dates here and there or maybe adopt some other provinces practices. Last sat in June can mean way too late or lots of fishing,...same as Sept 30 or Last sat in April.

:clapping:

...But just to make it clear, I dont agree with OOS fishing. Just common sense. It was an accidental catch that was released quickly. If you're going to jump all over him you'd better check out splashhoppers post and give his little girl some of the same grief. ;)

Edited by Bassaholic

So because the mnr might not have the perfect start of season date it's ok to purposefully catch fish out of season..i didn't know that.

So because the mnr might not have the perfect start of season date it's ok to purposefully catch fish out of season..i didn't know that.

Who made the rule about what you can call your personal best and OOS fish not qualifying? Personal best is kind of self-explanatory. :huh:

I was trolling shoals and weedlines today and picked up two 2 lb smallmouth (and released them). If one of them had been bigger than any SMB I had ever caught before, you can bet I'd call it my "personal best".

I'd say give the guy a break. He isn't going to break the bank, fishing from a dock, with a 100 ft cast radius, and releasing everything he catches. If he says he was hoping for a pike or two it might be neighbourly to just take him at his word, instead of coming on like a Conservation Officer looking for an infraction. ;)

where do you get 'Purposely' from ? how many SMB do you catch with a flyrod? Rockbass are alot of fun, lemme tell ya,..ever try it? did I use Live bait ? NO!!! Even dew worms? NO.... once we realized it was Sunfish, we just used light steelhead set-up, with a crappy rod/reel,...I know I see them do that in tournies all the time..... :rolleyes: , hmmmmmmmmm if i was expecting a big bass like that would I have done that? Give your head a shake.....some of you bass guys gotta get a life....for reel,...No pun intended,..;):blahblah1:

I wouldn't worry about it, I've caught too many OOS bass this season, not on purpose, they just go for anything here.

Not worried at all,...Just glad it was a SMB and Not LMB,...as I know that makes it SO MUCH SWEETER....LOL ...and that little piggy is still there waiting for round 2,..maybe next weekend,..maybe later,...maybe never...but she sure tided me over til some real fishing starts in about 2 months... <_<

Who made the rule about what you can call your personal best and OOS fish not qualifying? Personal best is kind of self-explanatory. :huh:

I was trolling shoals and weedlines today and picked up two 2 lb smallmouth (and released them). If one of them had been bigger than any SMB I had ever caught before, you can bet I'd call it my "personal best".

I'd say give the guy a break. He isn't going to break the bank, fishing from a dock, with a 100 ft cast radius, and releasing everything he catches. If he says he was hoping for a pike or two it might be neighbourly to just take him at his word, instead of coming on like a Conservation Officer looking for an infraction. ;)

what were you trolling for?

Very nice fish.

But, quote "It is illegal to attempt to catch fish for which the season is closed, even if you are going to

release them. Fish accidentally caught during the closed season must be immediately released back to the water." Hope that fish can be released "immediately"

http://www.mnr.gov.on.ca/198219.pdf

Thanks for the cut and paste....Come and check out Erindale park,...for example around Sept 15th. other than that,..if you want to do some real fishing,..PM me,....should start in about 2-3 months,..+/- 30 days,...go figure... <_<

Weird how whatever happens on trout and salmon rivers makes it okay to fish for OOS bass.

Anyway, they are NICE fish. Probably 3lbs +. Fishing on topwater is huge fun.....try a zara spook if you really want to have a blast.

Weird how whatever happens on trout and salmon rivers makes it okay to fish for OOS bass.

Anyway, they are NICE fish. Probably 3lbs +. Fishing on topwater is huge fun.....try a zara spook if you really want to have a blast.

Wow 3.0 - 5.5lbs with an actual length measurement....You Bass guys know your stuff!!! Lol. As said,..this was simply a fix between REAL fishing for me,... that 3-5.5 lb SMB was released to go cover her eggs and give the lazy armchair/boat guys a shot in as week or so...although as stated noone fishes that lake,....so maybe I will catch her in August when Im up there again,...To be quite honest,...this was a 4-5lb bass on gear that I catch 20lb+ salmon and 10lb+ steelhead,...rod and reel diffrerent,...but rig and line very similiar,...IMO,..bass fishing is a bit of a joke....anyone one of you Bass guys want a challenge and reward,...message me closer to end of august,...until then,..have fun!!!! :clapping::thumbsup_anim::whistling:

Wow 3.0 - 5.5lbs with an actual length measurement....You Bass guys know your stuff!!! Lol. As said,..this was simply a fix between REAL fishing for me,... that 3-5.5 lb SMB was released to go cover her eggs and give the lazy armchair/boat guys a shot in as week or so...although as stated noone fishes that lake,....so maybe I will catch her in August when Im up there again,...To be quite honest,...this was a 4-5lb bass on gear that I catch 20lb+ salmon and 10lb+ steelhead,...rod and reel diffrerent,...but rig and line very similiar,...IMO,..bass fishing is a bit of a joke....anyone one of you Bass guys want a challenge and reward,...message me closer to end of august,...until then,..have fun!!!! :clapping::thumbsup_anim::whistling:

Man. Not sure why i deserved that, but here are some parting thoughts....

1 - while i don't really care if people post pics of OOS fish, you're acting like a bit of a nimkumpoop. If you don't like bass fishing, fine. But don't act like you wouldn't be a bit tiffed if someone caught a bunch of OOS trout and posted all of this (what you've said) about it. Give me a break.

2 - while i am going by look (no idea how big you are, but have seen a LOT of bass) following is a pretty good chart showing SMB weight vs. length. Your almost 20 inch fish is a nice 3 lbs.

SMBweight.jpg

Edited by cram

Man. Not sure why i deserved that, but here are some parting thoughts....

1 - while i don't really care if people post pics of OOS fish, you're acting like a bit of a nimkumpoop. If you don't like bass fishing, fine. But don't act like you wouldn't be a bit tiffed if someone caught a bunch of OOS trout and posted all of this (what you've said) about it. Give me a break.

2 - while i am going by look (no idea how big you are, but have seen a LOT of bass) following is a pretty good chart showing SMB weight vs. length. Your almost 20 inch fish is a nice 3 lbs.

SMBweight.jpg

6' 200lbs...;) ..quoted the other 5.0-5.5lbs from another post on this thread,..easy weasy,...again,...have some fun ...:) nice graph.....I just think Bass are a laugh if you want to do some real fishing,..thats all...again watch what you say about 'a bunch' of OOS fish....get it straight........lemme ask you this...99% of pics taken of fish from peeps that have no clue of what fishing is are of what species? SMB? could that be the lack of challenge or skill? Lol. Next time you see someone land a 10+lb steelhead on the river in shorts and T-shirt and boobs,...Lemme know...:) then again,..do you remember what boobs look like? except for the WWW that is...Lol

6' 200lbs...;) ..quoted the other 5.0-5.5lbs from another post on this thread,..easy weasy,...again,...have some fun ...:) nice graph.....I just think Bass are a laugh if you want to do some real fishing,..thats all...again watch what you say about 'a bunch' of OOS fish....get it straight........lemme ask you this...99% of pics taken of fish from peeps that have no clue of what fishing is are of what species? SMB? could that be the lack of challenge or skill? Lol. Next time you see someone land a 10+lb steelhead on the river in shorts and T-shirt and boobs,...Lemme know...:) then again,..do you remember what boobs look like? except for the WWW that is...Lol

smart

.....lemme ask you this...99% of pics taken of fish from peeps that have no clue of what fishing is are of what species? SMB? could that be the lack of challenge or skill? Lol.

I know you feel some guys were trying to tear a strip off you, but I think you made your point a while back already.

I'm one of those (unskilled) SMB fishermen too. But I could say (from personal experience) that you haven't fished until you've landed a 35 lb chinook on a windy day on Superior, or worked you ass off fighting thru tag-alders to tease creek specks out from under fallen logs and cut-under banks. But I wouldn't. To each his own. When you've got your system down right for a particular species, you meet success, but there should generally be no snobbishness to it if you're talking to other people who just plain enjoy fishing.