I Have A Great Dad!

I first started fishing when I was a kid and my dad loved fishing. A few years later my dad and I would always go to his favourite lake Rice Lake. We used to rent boats out of Sandercoks marina. After he saw that I had a great passion for the sport he bought a boat. The first boat was not a fishing boat and he came to realize that he wanted to trade it in for better fishing boat. We only had this boat for about a month and he bought a fishing boat with 100hp on the back of it. We love it. After that he knew he wanted a piece of land somewhere so what he did was looking at a place in Lagoon City and wanted to buy something. He came close but did not buy . A few years later he bought a trailer. It is okay I guess. This past winter we got really into ice fishing. We started of with a hut operator, and then walked out with no shelter, hand auger, and a few things that I forgot about . My dad ended up buying an ATV, 4 Man hut. Gas Auger And a portable fish finder in less than a month. That’s when you know your dad cares. Recently he just bought a piece of land on Lagoon City . I can’t wait. Now this is why I wrote this. I have my boater’s license so I can drive a boat. My dad is buying me a 12ft boat with a gas motor on the back. How cool is this, that I have my own boat at the age of 14. When I am older I know I will have to repay this off so I better get to know the spots so I can win the big money some day :Gonefishing:

Edited by fishman2202

Yup, that's a great dad allright :) I used to have a trailer at Sandercocks, lots of my family did as a matter of fact, it's a good area for fishing. Be smart in the boat and don't take chances, and don't forget to take your dad fishing from time to time :D Oh, and be sure to treat him really well tomorrow ...

Maureen

Sandercocks has never been the same since Bod passed away a few years ago. I have a lot of memories fishing there with my kids. Now they are growing up and sharing with my love of the sport. That's what being a dad is all about, enjoying what you love with your kids. I hope they will share with me that passion for years to come.

Cheers.

fishman2202's dad (Tony)

You obviously love your dad and he sounds like a great father. I hope you thought about something from the heart for Father's day tomorrow, he deserves it. A year from now will be my first Father's Day and I can't wait! First year I've ever wished for a fast summer (Bring on Sept).

Edited by Governator

Sandercocks has never been the same since Bod passed away a few years ago. I have a lot of memories fishing there with my kids. Now they are growing up and sharing with my love of the sport. That's what being a dad is all about, enjoying what you love with your kids. I hope they will share with me that passion for years to come.

Cheers.

fishman2202's dad (Tony)

You're right it was never the same again, I am still in touch with Bobbi-Jo. Rice Lake was where I also learned to fish, got my first and biggest Bass there with my now step-father, it was 1 1/2 lbs....very long time ago :P

Maureen

Make sure that you show this to him. Us Dads don't always show it, but we LOVE appreciation. It shows us that we are doing our job right.

I couldn't think of a better way for him to show me how much I really mean to him. He really makes me proud. What a nice surprise for father's day. Makes me wish my dad was still around. He meant a great deal to me and I think back and wonder if he knew that...................

How cool is this, that I have my own boat at the age of 14. When I am older I know I will have to repay this off so I better get to know the spots so I can win the big money some day :Gonefishing:

You're lucky, like I was, and your heart's in the right place!

Although you probably used it just as a figure of speech, I would just say that you don't have to repay your dad in any monetary way. Just make sure that when you're on your own, and your dad is older, that you take him fishing. You're not likely to be thinking about this now, but tuck it in the back of your mind - when you have kids, and take your dad fishing with his grandkids, that will be heaven for him.

That will be the best "payment" of all. :D

Good to hear (about the boat)

And being a father of a 5 and 2 year old the best thing that you can do to "pay him back" is treat your dad with respect as he is giving you a whole lot of respect by providing you with these things. Enjoy and may your next fish be a trophy...