The Grand

bigugli

It's been an unusual week and there has been no time for fishing.Vet checkup for the dogs. The daughter ill from overcooking herself in the sun. Two days in St Jacobs helping a friend tend his stall.

So my daughter finishes work at 1 and the ladies decide they want to have a picnic somewhere we can fish. How can i say no to that? Unfortunately, everything went wrong. Dogs were all wound up ( they haven't been for a car trip in a while) and bouncing all over. Get to Port Maitland and 2-300 anglers crammed all over the west side. Dunnvillle is crawling with the remains of the morning kids derby at the BBQ. Finally found a nice spot (I thought) above the dam a ways.

From that point onward everything went sour. Too shady for the wife, too windy for the sunburn kid, too many mosquitos. Meanwhile, we're catching some nice fish, but the camera is still sitting beside the computer :wallbash: After an hour I had all that a man should take and called it a day. Only kept 1 dinner fish for documentary proof. Packed up, headed home and BBQ'd the brats and asparagus tips at home.

Then we sliced and diced this healthy 19+" specimen for tomorrows dinner.

DSCN2585.jpg

OF course, it could be worse. I could be in TJ's shoes all weekend :whistling:

Edited by bigugli