My LUNGE Opener '09

brickNblock

Sorry no pic's,

Thats pretty bad for my first post in maybe a year.....

My truck has a blown engine (this week)...so the PrinceCraft sat in the driveway with no way to the water...

I wasnt going to miss the opener so I took out the 14'ftr...

Not thinkng that it would amount to much I didnt even bring a net never mind the camera...

Loaded with 3 rods...2 Calcuttas and my Induron...(All lefties) spooled with #65,#85 & #100 all with Fluro leaders I went....

On arrival at my Fav spot soon as I pulled up, a very large 'ski in the 50"categorie just cruised by like I wasnt even there..(My knees started to shake)

I tossed out one of my bucktails right away in the direction she was going about 20'a head without luck but,

My very first cast with the Induron loaded with a JackPot she hit.....another 'ski.....soon as the bait touched down...no net, no camera but It didnt matter..it was opening day and I successfully brought her boat side ...re/re hooks and she was off....

Not even a minute afterward the boat 70-100'away boated another...47"...they didnt even get as far as releasing the beast when anothewr fella on the same boat picked the lottery with a 52ér......

I saw another 3 fish caught by the next 30min but that was it for the day....No more by me !

The wife and I went out a few more times as the day went on without luck..but there is always tommorrow...right!

God, I love this season....

Ahhhhh....steaks are off the BBQ and the game is about to begin soon.....Pengy's/Wings...

Love to all...............Pete

Be safe please!