New Here...from Toronto

auto_freak

Hey Everyone,

Found out about this site through google today. Basically, me and my father both love fishing. He is teaching me the basics on angling and what not. He has been a fishing fanatic from his childhood and he has caught lots of fishes in the past. We are from Bangladesh, residing in Toronto for over 3 years now. He and his buddies would normally head over to places in Montreal for fishing and last week we came back from Montreal as well. Recently I got the hang of this and I want to share the experience with my father as a result, I wanted to dig some information on good fishing spots in Toronto and around 2-3 hours drive away from Toronto is good as well. Basically, looking to catch some carp fishes, cat fishes, trouts and bass. My father loves catching Carp Fishes and he wants to go the best spots for carps.

We had a good experience in Montreal last week, caught some 10-12 pounder carps and normal sized catfishes too. We are looking into catching some bigger fishes at this moment. He is more of a professional while I am still a n00b. Please let me know where I could try my luck on getting some good spots for carps/trouts. We both have the Ontario Fishing Licence. We just need a good spot that's not hard to reach and not too busy either. Lots of fresh air, not too much of a hilly area. Right now, I have been looking at this website:

http://www.mnr.gov.on.ca/STEL02_163569.pdf

I found some interesting spots but dont have photos of the exact location. I understand that we should go and make the trip and see how the places are. In Brampton, I am looking at Clairevill CA (Hwy 50 at Steeles), In toronto, I am looking at Humber River Marsh, in etobicoke, I am looking at Humber Bay Park West and at Richmond Hill, I am looking at Wilcox Lake. Which of these do you think has a good environnment? Free parking available? Let me know your suggestions.

Sharing some photos of fishes from our Montreal Trip:

4575_112471323503_505033503_2797043_1511066_n.jpg

n505033503_2797041_3695051.jpg

n505033503_2797031_4805723.jpg

thanks guys for the warm welcome. if anyone can suggest me some good fishing spots around Toronto or the surrounding areas, do let me know.

Welcome to the board..

hint: Asking fishermen for good fishing spots on the internet is like asking a girl for sex before you get to know her ! ;)

And even then, you may not like the action suggested :o

Edited by splashhopper

Welcome to the board..

hint: Asking fishermen for good fishing spots on the internet is like asking a girl for sex before you get to know her ! ;)

LMAO!!! Would you mind if I used that for my signature? :lol:

auto_freak -- I'm not a carp fisherman by any stretch of the imagination, but I do know if you go down to just about any shallow stretch of shoreline along lake ontario, you're bound to see them swimming around. A lot of the parks have nice weedy areas that seem to hold carp...just hit up Google Maps and you should find a few spots. Also, hopping on the Ferry to the Toronto Islands will put you on some good carp water, from what I've heard.

Welcome to the board..

LMAO well said.

auto_freak -- I'm not a carp fisherman by any stretch of the imagination, but I do know if you go down to just about any shallow stretch of shoreline along lake ontario, you're bound to see them swimming around. A lot of the parks have nice weedy areas that seem to hold carp...just hit up Google Maps and you should find a few spots. Also, hopping on the Ferry to the Toronto Islands will put you on some good carp water, from what I've heard.

thanks a lot. I will definitely look into some small parks around toronto.