Tonight's Action

Rich

Sugarpacket and I headed to my favourite Lake Erie tributary carp spot with high hopes this afternoon. Though the decision to go was made far too quickly and without thinking I grabbed one of my spinning rods rigged with 8lb Fireline. Don't get me wrong, I love Fireline, but when fishing on bottom around a lot of logs, sticks and pads for big fish, the stuff don't stand a chance. Long story short, any and all big carp I had on today (3) were lost rather abruptly due to frays and break-offs. My advice (to myself) .. always stick to the mono when carpin!

That being said, after losing a couple packs of hooks I did finally land a small carp. Sugarpacket stuck with worms while I used corn.. she was slaying just about every species in the creek except for carp. Rock bass, perch, bullheads, channels.. most notable fish for her tonight was a sheephead though.

All good fun as usual, but I was pretty peeved about losing those big girls to break-offs. Kicked myself in the teeth all night about bringing the wrong rod.

DSC00322.jpg

DSC00321-1.jpg