Cochrane Air in 3 days!!

beerman

Hi,

I am leaving thursday for cochrane air services.. We are flying in friday.. Few questions??

Hows the fishing up there?? I noticed its been pretty cold, any chance of it warming up at all???

Hows the bugs, bad???

I am worried about the cold weather shutting down the fish? Any info would help..

Where can I get the best forcast for cochrane, ontario???

thanks

WEather network is your friend....water levels will most certainly be high, so look for places that get the most sunlight through the day, they'll warm up quicker. Bugs will be bad if it's warm out....but you might get lucky if you're far enough north. I doubt it though :lol:

Bring back lots of pics to post!!!!

WEather network is your friend....water levels will most certainly be high, so look for places that get the most sunlight through the day, they'll warm up quicker. Bugs will be bad if it's warm out....but you might get lucky if you're far enough north. I doubt it though :lol:

Bring back lots of pics to post!!!!

I just got back from 150KM north of Cochrane on Saturday, water levels dropped drastically in the 9 days I was there. NO black flies and only a couple of mosquitoes, but if you get some hot weather they won't take long to show up in HOARDS!!!!!

Water temperature went from 39 to 58 in 9 days....awesome fishing as always.

Cheers

Jason

Thanks man.. Thats a long ways up there. I just hope the fishing is great as we always catch tons of fish up there!! We are fully prepared for the bugs... We are flying into yesterday lake, with cochrane air services.. Its a nice place to be..

One thing that you may not think to bring is a bug net to sleep under; they hang like a fine mesh cage over your bunk. I swear, they're worth their weight in gold.

Darc

They don't weigh a lot do they?